Vortex or hawke ?

I've been way more impressed by my Hawke scopes than Vortex.

My 6.5-20 Sidewinder is probably my favorite SFP optic. Reticle is useful but not cluttered, turrets are intuitive, glass is extremely bright and clear. Hawke warranty and customer service is superb as well. The SFP Frontier 30's have even better glass and more reticle options for a little more moolah.

Vortex Vipers, Diamondback tactical, Venom, etc. have always been pretty underwhelming in the glass department IMO.

Reactions: SHOMER
I had a Hawke that fell apart right away. Windage immediately failed. Maybe I got a bad one but there are lots of similar reviews out there. Im sure Hawke would have fixed it buy Pyramid Air took care of me and I sent it back for credit on a Helix. I really wanted to like the Hawke, but I think the Vortex is going to be more reliable. That assumes you get a decent Vortex, since their lower scopes dont have very good image/turret quality imo. I would get something like a Vortex Viper PST Gen II, skip the HS version of the Viper. I have seen them on sale for ~$500 but they run closer to $600 normally and I think they are all FFP.

The Viper HST is available in SFP and made in Japan, although I have never used one myself. I can tell you first hand the PST Gen II is a good scope.

Last edited: