• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vortex Impact 4000 on weapon laser rangefinder

The older I get the less I enjoy reading instruction manuals. After reading roughly seventy pages of instructions and watching a forty-five minute video I’ve gotten some semblance of how to create personal rifle profiles on the GeoBallistic app, syncing it with my desktop version ( which is easier to use) and then having the Vortex Impact 4000 laser rangefinder automatically pull the profiles from the GeoBallistic app. Phew! I did have to call tech support on some syncing issues, only to mentioned in a polite manner the steps they explained were not in the instruction manual or video.

Hoping not to forget how all this works when at the range, I plan on truing/tuning all my rifle profiles using a Doppler radar chronograph to measure the drop off in velocity from the muzzle to a range as far as practically available, hopefully not less than 100 yards, longer being preferable. Doppler chronographs have the ability to measure velocity at user defined ranges, so users are able to calculate ballistic coefficients for third party applications, however, the Vortex Impact 4000 laser rangefinder can do this internally, cool!

Older enthusiasts should have written notes on this new technology and a large supply of batteries.

Vortex Impact 4000 (2).jpg

Vortex Impact 4000 Display.jpg

Attachments

• Vortex Impact 4000 on RAW HM1000x (1).jpg
    Vortex Impact 4000 on RAW HM1000x (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1
  • Vortex Impact 4000 on RAW HM1000x (2).jpg
    Vortex Impact 4000 on RAW HM1000x (2).jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Reactions: Cloudrider