• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 BDC- I liked it but couldn't see a target at 30yds so I got the 4-12x44 BDC

Like the title says.
I was trying to do a 30yd challenge and realized that I could barely make out the targets. Combine that problem with realizing my Notos is accurate past where my red dot is useful to me and I decided an upgrade in magnification was due all around.
I really love the scope and am so used to it I was dreading a change. That's when I realized they made a higher power version of the same scope!
This means the Notos can wear the old 3-9x(so much for keeping it light) and the Avenger can rock the new 4-12x.
I also got a deal on some binoculars which will make squirrel spotting a breeze this fall.
I hope the increase in magnification is enough....if it's not I'll probably sell the 3-9x, keep the new 4-12x, and get a scope with even more magnification.
I definitely don't have the eagle eyes of my youth! :D

Well after mounting my old 3-9x on the Notos it's even more accurate than I originally thought!
And the same can be said for my Avenger! That little bit extra magnification from the 4-12x was just enough to get it dialed in so I could shoot my first thumb sized ragged hole!
Here's 2 photos, one from each gun, shooting 13 shots for the Notos(7 shot factory mag and a 6 shot Carm) and 12 shots for the Avenger (also using a Carm magazine). I'm pretty happy with that for just using bags and shooting 36yds.

And yes, that's homemade reactive target paper. It's super helpful with the sight in process.

It's time to print some 30yd targets and see what I can do....

B0A332B2-CEA0-4B4B-8940-0ACCA97FA8C5_1_105_c.jpeg

364DD22B-5D71-45BF-8C29-8DFF79FA046F_1_105_c.jpeg