Vortex cross fire 6-18x44 distance

Texan carbine .510

Scope is around 130$
For that price it's hard to say no to it. I prefer a side focus myself but AO is only a minor inconvenience. I also prefer a MIL or MOA hash reticle but for $130 a BDC can still be usable.

Have you checked Midways clearance section at all? They had some decent deals last time I was on there.

For that price it's hard to say no to it. I prefer a side focus myself but AO is only a minor inconvenience. I also prefer a MIL or MOA hash reticle but for $130 a BDC can still be usable.

Have you checked Midways clearance section at all? They had some decent deals last time I was on there.
I’ll have to check them out I’ve been looking on sportsman’s guide.

The two issues I see are with the hash marks and turret. They don't have much function, so you will have to know (memorize) the amount of holdover needed after or before the scopes zero yardage. That is, unless you are only shooting at 100 yards as a fixed distance and fixed zero. And in that case, the scope will do that great.

Reactions: rc4fun

Found a Vortex HP 4-16x on Midway for 200$ that may be better. Original price 480$.

Wondering if a 3-9x would be better? Is that enough magnification for 100yd
I use a 6x optic on some guns to shoot 500m so yes, 9x will absolutely work. That being said I prefer higher magnification when shooting groups so I can actually see whats going on down range. 16x is usually my go to all purpose magnification