Last year, I replaced the OEM piston seal in my TX200 with a Moly-Core seal from Vortek. Since then it has worked flawlessly. The standard deviations are 1.5fps at the muzzle, 1.6fps at 10yrds, and 3fps at 22.5 yards. I would like to know if anyone else has used a Moly-Core seal and if your experience has been the same as mine. Thanks

I'm curious to know what the fps at the muzzle difference was between the stock and Vortek seal. Can't remember if it's the Vortek seal I've tried or another makers moly core, but I lost 50fps right off the bat, from what I get with the stock seal in my Pro Sport. It doesn't matter to me what the average deviations are at different ranges when they're 50fps less than what I get with the stock seal.

Is your cylinder stock or have you done any light polishing to it?

Really good questions. The OEM piston, piston seal and compression tube were damaged. My ft/lbs dropped to 13 and I knew that something was wrong. I replaced all three with OEM parts and kept the same OEM spring. I followed Air Arms recommendations exactly, the power came back to 15fps with an ES of 15fps and a SD of 4. I decided to try the moly-core seal. I followed the directions precisely and the numbers were great. The OEM piston seal was a pain in the ASK to install. I had to heat the piston seal with a blow dryer to get it on. The Vortek just needed to be pushed into place. The Vortek also provided more cushion to the piston. Muzzle energy = 20.7ft/lbs, 10yrds = 19.5ft/lbs, 22.5yrds = 15ft/lbs. I gained Consistency and the moly-core was much, much, much easier to install. I'm not bragging on the moly-core, I just wanted to know if my experience was typical and how long I could expect the seal to last. Thanks

This is my second TX200, the first was stolen in Phoenix. When I bought this TX200 it started with 24ft/lbs and an SD of 9 and then dropped to 17ft/lbs over a six month period. I figured that the spring had settled. By 2017 it had dropped to 13ft/lbs and I knew that there was a problem. I contacted Air Arms and sent them these photos. The pin imbedded in the seal is used elsewhere in the gun. My gun still has that pin in the proper place, so this pin came from the factory. How it came to be in the seal is unknown. You can see the damage done to the piston, the compression tube was a mirror image of the piston and also needed to be replaced. 

https://goo.gl/photos/hULHfUQxiu82RD2p7

Yesterday, I was on my tablet, so I didn't have access to my chronograph files. After changing the OEM piston seal in my TX200 with the Vortek Moly-Core piston seal, I gained both consistency and power. OEM Piston Seal average velocity 735fps, extreme spread 15fps, standard deviation 4fps, energy at the muzzle 15ft/lbs. Vortek Moly-Core Piston Seal average velocity 800fps, extreme spread 8, standard deviation 2.2, energy at the muzzle 18ft/lbs. Seven months later the numbers have only gotten better. Vortek Moly-Core piston seal average velocity 856fps, extreme spread 5fps, standard deviation 1.5, energy at muzzle 20.5ft/lbs. The Moly-Core piston seal did exactly what it was designed to do – it lubed the compression tube perfectly resulting in an increase in power and better consistency. The H&N Baracuda Green .22, 12.65 grain pellets were used.

Where did you find a new piston and compression tube. I can find piston for my .22 Pro Sport, but not the compression tube.

The TX200 and Pro Sport use the same stock spring. I'm not seeing how you're getting such velocities. I shoot a 14.3 gn pellet and with a moly core seal I'm doing good to get 600 fps. I don't see only your lighter weight pellet accounting for that, so I must have something else going on. Was going to try replacing the piston and compression tube.

Glad you got yours working well.

I bought both the piston and the compression tube from Pyramydair. The .22, 12.65gr H&N Baracuda Green pellet with a head diameter of 5.50-5.51 had the highest speed, the lowest standard deviation and best accuracy. My first TX200 was completely stock. Here are the numbers from the last test on 2/15/2013. High-838fps, Low-828fps, ES 10fps, SD 3fps, 19ft/lbs - 20ft/lbs. Here are the numbers from the first test that I did with my second TX200, on 7/18/2014. High-916fps, Low-891fps, ES 25fps, SD 9fps, 22ft/lbs - 24ft/lbs. My TX200 likes head diameters of .50 - .51. I would try these pellets before replacing the compression tube and piston.