Vortek PG4 return policy

His page says you can return kits for 14 days from purchase if you are not satisfied but doesn't go into whether or not "sorry I changed my mind" is an acceptable return reason or not. With the cost of return shipping, original shipping, and the restocking fee you may just be better off selling the kit in the classifieds for a good deal to someone who needs one.

Screenshot_20240420-204901_Chrome.jpg

Hi Sqwirl57,

Yeah, I read it and I'm OK if "I change my mind" doesn't count, but I am expecting that to be said by CS or whoever is responsible for that at Vortek (maybe the owner himself?). I just wanted to check maybe Vortek used to accept the return, but doesn't anymore, who knows. I don't mind to pay restocking fee and ship it myself either, but yeah, maybe I can't just sell with discount here or on eBay.

Hi folks,

Does anyone have experience with returning turning kits to Vortek Products? I ordered PG4 kit for HW97, but then decided to go with HW100, so have no use of turning kit. I tried to contact them to get return authorization, but they just do not respond. Did anyone had a luck of returning anything to them?
I have one of the 97K PG4 kits installed and it's a great shooter. I'm just guessing, when you buy it you own it barring actual issues with the product. If you decide to sell it at a reasonable cost, I may be interested to have it as a backup.

Reactions: Cyberness
Hi Sqwirl57,

Yeah, I read it and I'm OK if "I change my mind" doesn't count, but I am expecting that to be said by CS or whoever is responsible for that at Vortek (maybe the owner himself?). I just wanted to check maybe Vortek used to accept the return, but doesn't anymore, who knows. I don't mind to pay restocking fee and ship it myself either, but yeah, maybe I can't just sell with discount here or on eBay.

How long ago did you email him? He's usually pretty quick to respond in my experience dealing with him. I wouldn't expect an answer over the weekend though

How long ago did you email him? He's usually pretty quick to respond in my experience dealing with him. I wouldn't expect an answer over the weekend though
Tom has also been responsive to my inquiries. Not many people doing custom spring and tuning parts these days. I'm guessing the margins are quite slim. A labor of love serving a small niche at this point.

I contacted him twice: first time when packages haven’t been shipped yet, asking to cancel order, then second time through web site form about a week ago, asking if I can return it. Maybe he just haven’t seen it.
Well, anyway, I sent another one today, but like you pointed, it’s unreasonable to expect response over weekend.

I have one of the 97K PG4 kits installed and it's a great shooter. I'm just guessing, when you buy it you own it barring actual issues with the product. If you decide to sell it at a reasonable cost, I may be interested to have it as a backup.
Thank you for suggesting, if won’t be able to return it, I will pm you, since I really have no use of it.

BTW, this is OFF-TOPIC, but just curious, did you notice a reducing of the noise after installing the kit? Out of the box HW97 seemed to be very noise to me and that's one of reasons I decided to try PCP.

BTW, this is OFF-TOPIC, but just curious, did you notice a reducing of the noise after installing the kit? Out of the box HW97 seemed to be very noise to me and that's one of reasons I decided to try PCP.
The factory 97 powerplant can be very noisy. The PG4 kit does a great job of reducing twang and buzz to a vibration free *snap*

Thank you for suggesting, if won’t be able to return it, I will pm you, since I really have no use of it.

The HW97k with the Vortek PG4 kit has a really clean shot cycle. No buzz really, but the kind of recoil you would expect from a 15# springer. I do understand that the springs aren't expected to last a long time at the full power level. A tradeoff of the smaller diameter spring with the inner/outer guides. I don't shoot mine a ton and when I do it's a delight. For what it's worth, I have a HW98 with an ARH Hornet kit/Vortek piston seal and it's absolutely splendid. I believe the fit of the rear guide and top hat with proper lubrication makes these things sing.

Reactions: Cyberness