• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Visual pellet in flight

Was playing with my Long Ranger this morning, mostly from 90-170 yards. Last week I slowed the pellets down a bit and can now see most of them in flight. It was only a 20fps decrease but made a difference (or at least has in the conditions of these first couple shooting sessions at slower speeds).

So dang cool to watch them arc up and back down as they impacted (mostly) where I wanted them to.

I've always enjoyed sub20fpe airguns the most, and usually pellets can be seen in flight at that power.

This summer I've also had a ton of fun with the .20/19.8gr NSA slugs and they're going at 870-880, and also usually visible in flight.

Got to wondering if being able to see the projectile in flight makes the experience more enjoyable to anybody else, or if it's just me?

I've been playing with weight to help with muzzle flip and doing so has really changed my ability to be able to see them with my Evol. I love it. Makes it alot easier to keep the gun essentially still when firing helping me see pellet flight on most shots.

20230911_170737.jpg

Reactions: cavedweller
Was playing with my Long Ranger this morning, mostly from 90-170 yards. Last week I slowed the pellets down a bit and can now see most of them in flight. It was only a 20fps decrease but made a difference (or at least has in the conditions of these first couple shooting sessions at slower speeds).

So dang cool to watch them arc up and back down as they impacted (mostly) where I wanted them to.

I've always enjoyed sub20fpe airguns the most, and usually pellets can be seen in flight at that power.

This summer I've also had a ton of fun with the .20/19.8gr NSA slugs and they're going at 870-880, and also usually visible in flight.

Got to wondering if being able to see the projectile in flight makes the experience more enjoyable to anybody else, or if it's just me?
I really like it when I can see the pellet arch along the vertical strand of the reticle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dairyboy
@Franklink, I love seeing the pellet cross the line of sight as it drops down onto my targets. Can’t say I see them all the time, the lighting has to be just right. Its wondrous to me to be able to lob them out there and get consistent hits. One is a sub 17 FPE PCP, the other sub 25 FPE. Low power, long range, plinking, artillery style, manned by a crew of “one”…

I like to paint the tails white or yellow or orange