• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Visit to the Air Arms factory (and a teaser for something new)

I uploaded this video a while ago but thought I'd share it on this forum. There are a few little clues towards the end that may get the American market a little excited. Let's just say there's something new on the way:) In the video I interview Alan Dennis and Claire West from AA, look at the history of the company and show some footage from the factory.

"rockymtbiker"As always, a great video, Matt; your usual high standards. Thanks for sharing. Will you be shot if you share your personal conjectures as to what we might expect? :)
I am sworn to secrecy! But all will be revealed in 20 days' time at the SHOT Show. I will be there at the gun's launch, so I'll write a post here as soon as I am able to. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at a few things. AA are usually quite traditional with their rifle designs but this will be breaking the mold a little bit

"rockymtbiker"You're such a tease. :)

Understand; does sound exciting so I'm looking forward to your report. Hey, if you're going to be in Las Vegas and want to swing by my place in Colorado for some shooting, the door is always open (just shoot me a PM). Have you ever shot airguns in a foot of snow and 9 below zero (that's -23 C)? :)
Dude I should have planned this trip properly...unfortunately I have no extra time to see more of the US. Next time I must plan to travel a bit and meet some people. Thanks anyway!

"Matt_Dubber"I uploaded this video a while ago but thought I'd share it on this forum. There are a few little clues towards the end that may get the American market a little excited. Let's just say there's something new on the way:)

great video Matt, huge fan of your productions. Well, it has me really excited here in Ireland. I love my s510 so I can't wait to see their new bull pup. If it's a regulated s510 in a bull pup platform, I'll be very happy.

"Michael"Excellent video Matt. Thanks for making the trip & sharing the history about AA. I think this video will rekindle and/or spark a lot of interest in Air Arms.
Thanks Michael. Just checked your Impact Arrow video, very cool!

I saw a pre-production model of the new AA gun but I think they may have changed a few things since then. So when it appears at the Shot Show it will be "new" to me as well. But the most exciting thing for me is that its the first AA gun that's been designed from the ground up for the high-power market.

To me it seems like the S410/510 models were made for the UK market and then adapted for the US market. I think this one will be different. I sat down with their engineers and showed them some of the tests I'd done with regulators and anti-bounce hammers and they seemed to listen quite intently. 

The next day when I went back to the factory, they were testing a reg in the gun. Turns out they had designed a very good reg ages ago but had been told by the UK market that it "wasn't necessary". I had a bit of a laugh at that and told them that in the high-power market we do NOT share that opinion. 20-30 shots per fill at 30fpe is simply not good enough for us, and they will never be able to compete with FX and Daystate if they don't adapt. If what I hear is correct about the final production version of the new gun, they have listened to me:)

Anti-bounce hammer for the S410/510? Link? Pictures?
I mostly shoot my .25 Bobcat (50 ft lb), but im always surprised how "easy" my .177 S510 Carbine (18 ft lb, adjusted down from 20) is to shoot when ive used the FX for a while.
I accredit that more to the difference in power (and how good/bad a shot i am) than anything else, but i still love my S510.
Oh, and thanks to your videos, i now want a TDR too...

"Cayin"Anti-bounce hammer for the S410/510? Link? Pictures?
I mostly shoot my .25 Bobcat (50 ft lb), but im always surprised how "easy" my .177 S510 Carbine (18 ft lb, adjusted down from 20) is to shoot when ive used the FX for a while.
I accredit that more to the difference in power (and how good/bad a shot i am) than anything else, but i still love my S510.
Oh, and thanks to your videos, i now want a TDR too...

It isn't an anti-bounce hammer like the Daystate Harper Slingshot - I basically looked at what FX did with their "free floating" hammer (no spring tension when uncocked) and did the same with the S510 by shortening the hammer spring by 5mm. With the reg set to 135 Bar and the hammer spring shortened, I am getting over 100 shots at 30 ft.lbs! The shortening of the hammer spring made a monumental difference, and only cost me 2 foot pounds.

I passed this info on to Alan Dennis, so hopefully they will have looked at all of these factors by the time the new gun comes out.

I know exactly what you mean... And the gun is a little too long to add a silencer for day-to-day use. My Wolverine is short enough to add a permanent silencer, but the S510 isn't (unless you get the carbine)

The model I saw was a pre-production prototype, so I have no idea what it sounds like. But if I remember correctly, the shroud looked a little thicker.

Also, I do want to add that my S510 is WAY quieter with the hammer spring shortened! Even at 30fpe it is HALF as loud as it was before.

Matt