Visionking Rings

Ziabeam

Oct 21, 2016
na
Second hand Walther LGV killed my BSA scope in less than a week. That BSA had been a band-aid for many springers while making final optics decisions, so no grudges there.

Had a spare Primary Arms 4-14 FFP scope hiding in the shop, begging NOT to be put on a springer... too bad.

Can't stand rings that are too high... why have a comb on a stock if you're just gonna float yer noggin? Problem is the only "on-hand" rings that came close to being perfect required a sandpaper shim in each ring to keep the objective bell from touching the receiver, while still not providing enough daylight to install a flip open cover.

So... one of my least favorite chores beckoned... hunting down optimal rings for this (or any) springer...
  • ...right height
  • ...right size
  • ...one piece or two?
  • ... reasonably good looking
  • ... good grip ... no VICE like grip... with ample ring screws and preferably dual dovetail screws !!!
There are hordes of junk rings, and a few decent ones, but unless I was willing to splurge it was very rare a "cheap" ring piqued my interest...until today... when I ran across a set of rings that may very well be a nearly optimal for dovetailed springer receivers, at a bargain basement price.

The things I LOVE about these rings are;
  • Not "clunky" looking.
  • Can be used for 1" scopes in a pinch with inserts (extrusion is for 30mm)
  • Six screws per ring for good grip without excessive torque
  • Dual dovetail screws on each base for improved load distribution and stability
  • Optimal height for current application (if the "Chinglish" print is accurate)
  • Direct application for 11mm dovetail
http://www.ebay.com/itm/262629468800?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Shown here with 1" inserts; (30mm opening when removed)
Will post review when they arrive. (ordered two sets)

Rings arrived!
They're great. Contrary to my assumption they DO have a threaded hole and screw in the center for anti-recoil adaptation. However the provided grub screws have a pointed tip, which likely would need to be modified or discarded in favor of a custom screw to match your receiver.
Will add details as soon as they're mounted on the Walther LGV.