Evanix Viper-X Compact PCP Pistol Review (Semi-Auto)

20240319_103226.jpg

This is the new compact version of the Evanix Viper semi-auto PCP pistol called the Viper-X. It features a compact size with the same great power and accuracy! This one is tuned via the hammer spring adjuster to shoot 18.1gr pellets, (all kinds), at about 680 FPS. Double magazine holds 14 rounds in .22! Tons of fun. Here is my full review. Thanks for watching! -Nate

viperxreview.JPG
ddddddddd.JPG
fullautoevanix.JPG

Reactions: sigamander
With all due respect Nate, but it would really help if you sounded less like a door to door salesman or sponsored ad, and more like a legit customer and hobbyist. The Viper does not have "great power". Not even close. In fact, it's power and low shot count are 2 of its most widely critisized aspects.

It it a fun pistol? absolutely. Is it accurate? Sure. But these reviews keep feeling less and less genuine. Since you don't really address the obvious shortcomings. Like when you said that the Viper .30 is a "wake-up call" for Huben, despite the fact that the GK1 in .22 is still way more powerful.

And yeah, even the GK1 has flaws and I would like to know about those before spending this much money on them. I like your channel and content, so don't take this as hateful. It's just my two cents on the matter. Other channels are doing more to highlight the good and bad.

Last edited:
While I don’t care what gets put out in YT land, this forum shines because members provide honest appraisals. To say that this pistol is a “day late and a dollar short” would be putting it very kindly. In reality it’s 40-50fpe short. Even if it did perform to the standard of the GK1, I couldn’t live with the bizarre Taser-like styling.

Just as a sidenote: I think it's rather appaling that Evanix continues to push the power aspect of this product. ESPECIALLY if you're gonna advertise it as a "self-defense tool".

Even the more powerful GK1 isn't advertised as such. It can lead to some pretty dangerous expectations and scenarios when some poor sap buys this thing, thinking they're gonna stop a home invasion with it.

This is obviously aimed more towards Evanix, not Nate himself. But it is a bit worrysome, since the majority of people who buy the Viper will be much more likely to get their info from YT, not a forum like this.

Yeah the guy turned me off my favorite Airgun company for many, many years with his horrible video reviews.....did some guns that I know real well and completely misrepresented them by grossly inflating the truth.

Worst airgun channel out there and shame on Evanix to keep sending guns to him and shame on him for spewing BS just to get free stuff,...appaling.

Reactions: Genob and Wauzoo