Vintage springers with class - FWB 65 Mk2 & Webley Premier D

Both are prized possessions and are well looked after.

First up is my FWB 65 MKII. Many years ago I learned to shoot 10m air pistol with the longer barrel version of this classic. Having owned longer barrel models, and now this one, I find this length much better balanced. It has both sets of grips as well as all the paperwork and front sight inserts. This probably is the last one I'd sell. This piece dates to 1990 (I kept the shipping label from the Beeman packaging). 

1577571841_17070609255e07d6011d7895.03343726_IMG_1918.jpg

Next up is my all-steel Webley Premier Model D with .177 and .22 barrels. I've always loved these air pistols and this one is in almost-perfect condition. It still shoots hard and is a delight to hold. The sights, like all Webleys of this design, are quite useless. I've owned Tempests and Hurricanes, but neither of them are close to the standard set by these all-steel models. This one, like the FWB, I plan to hold on to for a long time :)

1577571773_11942769735e07d5bd5eceb8.50962239_IMG_1919.jpg

Both of these ooze character and quality and are pleasures to own and shoot. I don't baby them, but I do look after them as well as I can. After all, what's the point of ownership if one can't use what one owns? :) 

Thanks Mike! Having read your many highly informative posts, I know you're a fellow fan of the 65's and I was hoping you'd chime in :)

The blued Premiers are really something else. I had a Senior and MkI at one time, but they just didn't seem as refined as the Premier (the reason why I still have this and the other two have been moved along).

On a side note: I also have an Anschutz 6702 sight tht's waiting for a suitable break barrel to be mounted on (I've read your thoughts on these sights and thought I'd share). The HW77k I have just isn't that interesting due to being an underlever, although it does shoot really well with it on. When it comes to springers, I guess I'm more of a break barrel person.

Now I'm considering an HW35e or an HW95 with some customization to the barrel length and a custom stock...it never ends, does it :)