Vintage pumpers

I like pumpers in general but haven't shot them much in a few years... too much competition training. I like 140's... good ergos and the 22 on 6 to 8 pumps whacks squirrels pretty hard. The barrel support is not the best so scopes are out of the question to me and the cap valve is weak and a little wasteful. The pin valve on the Sharp is much better in every way and they have 5 screws securing the barrel so they are a bit higher on my quality view. The soldered brass Benjamin's and Sheridans are really hard to beat for weight and ergos and good, solid valves but scopes are still a no go. The old Cros 100 is probably my favorite overall but the valve needs a revamp. Very nice ergos and not heavy. I put an LW 20 on the one above and have intended to build a new valve for it so it can generate a bit more power with less hammer... that one I DO intend to get done.
That Daystate Sportsman is my by the door rock squirrel and gopher rifle. Two pumps is 12 ft lb and very accurate. It's a BEAST though... heavy AND hard to pump.

Bob

Wow; apparently I'm not the sickest AGN member, after all. That guy from Arizona is eat up with it! Must be something in the water. About the only other thing I'll say about the guy is...

Remember me in your will, Bobby!

I mistook the Sportsman for a Falcon Mohawk; more than a passing resemblance. My first Mohawk was a .177 single-stroke that I used in Sporter Class NRA Silhouette (tied the national record at the time of 32/40). My second Mohawk was a .22 multi-stroke that, like your's, was a BEAR to pump (beyond 2 strokes). But as I recall, it got about 20 foot pounds on four strokes.

Among my top-ten list of airguns I should have never parted with are a Sharp Ace, Ace Target, and Victory. WHAT WAS I THINKING?

A Heirenkan and a MINT CONDITION Sheridan B Model also sit near the top of that list.😭

Somebody please... just SHOOT ME!

Hope to see you in June, Bobby.

• Haha
Reactions: Treefrog
392P, made in Racine.

392P.jpg

Do these qualify?
View attachment 353804
View attachment 353805
Philippine Survival rifle -177, Cros 100 in 20 cal, Cros 105, Daystate Sportsman, Cros 140 w custom barrel and bits, Benjamin, Sharp Ace Target, Sharp Ace Hunter Deluxe, Cros 1377...
Second pic - Parker Hale Dragon Sporter, Walther LPM, Pardini K58, FWB 600...
No pics but a couple of Sheridans and other Cros pumpers join the party sometimes...

Fun group 😃
Bob
Hello Bob, what a great collection. I am currently writing a book about Sharp airguns, and I wondered if I may ask you some questions about your Ace Hunter Deluxe and Ace Target? I didn't see an option to send you a pm, so I thought I would respond to your post. For my book, I am looking for serial numbers, model names and calibers, to find logic in the sn's. If you could share that info with me, I would be much obliged. If you prefer to do so by email, my book email address is [email protected]. A little bit about myself: my name is Louis van Hövell, I'm a 36 year old small animal veterinarian living in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, and since 2019 I've been collecting everything relating to Sharp. My collection now consists of 6 Innova's, 3 Ace's, a Victory Model 700, U-SL, U-FP, UD-II, Mini-UD. I love them. In any case, many thanks for your attention and kind regards from Holland, Louis

8emGV3vm.jpg