Vintage marksman air pistol

EDB38C5C-F79C-4A12-A77F-00405B4CACEC.1650222339.jpeg
So I just got to my parents for Easter and my dad gives me something my grandparents bought sometime in the late 70’s or early 80’s.I’d love to know if anyones head of this before or if they were popular. 
it functions and includes pellets and darts. 

I still have mine. I'm with Raden 1942, not the best of pistols. You can actually see the bb squirt out of the barrel when it fires. I still see the newer ones around and they are made of plastic. Mine is metal. I checked around on e-bay and even the older ones like mine are not worth much. I had a lot of fun with it though when I was a kid. I can still remember practicing my "quick draw" with it.

I still have mine. I'm with Raden 1942, not the best of pistols. You can actually see the bb squirt out of the barrel when it fires. I still see the newer ones around and they are made of plastic. Mine is metal. I checked around on e-bay and even the older ones like mine are not worth much. I had a lot of fun with it though when I was a kid. I can still remember practicing my "quick draw" with it.

I think I’m just going to keep it in the box as is. The original bbs pellets and darts are still in the sealed blister pack. Probably end up giving it to one of my grand kids in 30years… lol

I think I’m just going to keep it in the box as is. The original bbs pellets and darts are still in the sealed blister pack. Probably end up giving it to one of my grand kids in 30years… lol

That sounds like a good idea. I'm sure your grand kids will have fun with it as I did. I still have the box for mine as well. I was going to post a picture too but I can't remember where I put the damned thing.

Kind of a trash gun in my opinion. I had several as a kid. Not very powerful not very accurate and not very fun for those reasons. However one with a box from back then may be worth something. I just never enjoyed those particular kind of guns.

I hear ya. I bought one when I was nine years old from delivering newspapers and was very disappointed with the thing that it just got thrown in the closet and never used anymore. I liked my Daisy BB gun much better then.

I remember those. I had one when I was a kid. I bought it with my allowance money at the local Wester Auto store. Anyone remember those stores?

All metal and a bit heavy. Loaded with BBs it did good to poke a hole in a brown paper bag. if you even managed to hit it. 

I did enjoy the darts though. At least I did until my mother caught me shooting them a a target I had hung on the wooden book shelf in my room. She was not amused!

Can't say why, but I still have two of these in somewhat working condition. Agree with all comments but want to add one thing I found about these pistols. At least on these old ones, their performance (or lack thereof) seems contingent on a small rubber grommet that catches the BB in the front tilting section where you load it. It's plainly visible when you tilt it up. One of my Marksmans has a loose, worn out grommet and it allows the BB's to just roll out the barrel, can't hold a pellet, etc.. Tried to find a replacement grommet but no dice. These things would'nt be bad if they shot 100 fps faster .

You know something that is an interesting point. My first experience with one was in the late 50's, I was around 9 years old. My uncle Jerry had one and was teaching me how to shoot. To cock the gun you had to release the slide, pull it back until it caught and then push the slide forward to its original position to complete the cocking process. 

I had a lot of trouble doing this so my uncle took over with the charging process. And if my memory serves me correctly I remember him knocking over tin cans at ten feet or so. When I finally got a chance to buy one of my own about ten years later I was very disappointed to say the least. It seemed like a totally different gun from the one my uncle had. I realized that I had a lot more strength than the little kid of 10 years previous but my uncles gun was definitely more powerful than the one I purchased in the seventies. 

I'm wondering if those earlier Marksman were made with better internals. 🤔 

You know something that is an interesting point. My first experience with one was in the late 50's, I was around 9 years old. My uncle Jerry had one and was teaching me how to shoot. To cock the gun you had to release the slide, pull it back until it caught and then push the slide forward to its original position to complete the cocking process. 

I had a lot of trouble doing this so my uncle took over with the charging process. And if my memory serves me correctly I remember him knocking over tin cans at ten feet or so. When I finally got a chance to buy one of my own about ten years later I was very disappointed to say the least. It seemed like a totally different gun from the one my uncle had. I realized that I had a lot more strength than the little kid of 10 years previous but my uncles gun was definitely more powerful than the one I purchased in the seventies. 

I'm wondering if those earlier Marksman were made with better internals. 🤔

i cant answer for sure but i do think you are right about power of them i have probaly had about 5 of the run through my hands since i was 13 am 60 now and for whatever reason i believe some do shoot harder then others i still own one nowdont think it would knock a can over at ten feet but it seems to me i had one in my teen years that would.

I remember those. I had one when I was a kid. I bought it with my allowance money at the local Wester Auto store. Anyone remember those stores?

All metal and a bit heavy. Loaded with BBs it did good to poke a hole in a brown paper bag. if you even managed to hit it. 

I did enjoy the darts though. At least I did until my mother caught me shooting them a a target I had hung on the wooden book shelf in my room. She was not amused!

Ah, Western Auto stores-I can still remember the smell, a combination of floor varnish, rubber tires and gun oil!