Video of my Rat gun setup

Looks like a really good rat setup. I’m down the road from you rat killing at my friends farm in Oxford. He’s loaded with them. I’ve got tons of videos of kills. My setup is a .22 Daystate Delta Wolf topped with a PARD NV008P LRF. I’m shooting two different rounds to kill these things; JSB 25.39 gr. Monster Redesigned’s and JSB 15.89 gr. HADES. Shooting off of the Primos Trigger Sticks with a Bogg Death Grip on top. It’s nice being able to switch back and forth between different pellet profiles using my PARD night scope. Delta Wolf is dead nuts with these rounds. I’ve gotta learn how to post the kill videos. I want to make a video of them all together on YouTube also.

Looks like a really good rat setup. I’m down the road from you rat killing at my friends farm in Oxford. He’s loaded with them. I’ve got tons of videos of kills. My setup is a .22 Daystate Delta Wolf topped with a PARD NV008P LRF. I’m shooting two different rounds to kill these things; JSB 25.39 gr. Monster Redesigned’s and JSB 15.89 gr. HADES. Shooting off of the Primos Trigger Sticks with a Bogg Death Grip on top. It’s nice being able to switch back and forth between different pellet profiles using my PARD night scope. Delta Wolf is dead nuts with these rounds.
Do you get pass through with the 25.39?

Do you get pass through with the 25.39?
They blow through them easily. On most all the shots, when I review the videos, you can see the pellet kicking up dirt or striking a wood post or tree after it blows through them. Lots of times I can’t take what would be a perfect shot because a duck, chicken, or some other animal is in the background and I won’t trust the shot. Did get a double kill though like that on two of the vermin.

They blow through them easily. On most all the shots, when I review the videos, you can see the pellet kicking up dirt or striking a wood post or tree after it blows through them. Lots of times I can’t take what would be a perfect shot because a duck, chicken, or some other animal is in the background and I won’t trust the shot. Did get a double kill though like that on two of the vermin.

I contemplated using my Taipan .22 but I can't have any pass through. I'm thinking of trying the 9.5 hades for expansion instead.

I contemplated using my Taipan .22 but I can't have any pass through. I'm thinking of trying the 9.5 hades for expansion instead.
I meant to tell you, the Hades at 15.89 gr. Seem to expand really good on the rats. And I’ve killed tons with them. On head on shots, most don’t pass through. That expanding head design really deploys all it energy inside. I’m shooting them at 900 ft./s. I’m shooting the redesigns at 950 ft./s. That was the profile that Airguns Of Arizona put in the gun for the redesigns and it’s laser accurate.

@CTairgunner1288, With sideway shots on rats, pass thrus are the norm... If you're taking those rats sub 30 yards, maybe dial you gun down to even lower power. I'm currently killing them at 25 yards with my Atomic XR using .22 Crosman Premiers. At the middle TP setting, I still get pass thrus, 10 FPE at POI zips right through a rat. @rut, I love head on shots on rats, it just wrecks them.

@CTairgunner1288, With sideway shots on rats, pass thrus are the norm... If you're taking those rats sub 30 yards, maybe dial you gun down to even lower power. I'm currently killing them at 25 yards with my Atomic XR using .22 Crosman Premiers. At the middle TP setting, I still get pass thrus, 10 FPE at POI zips right through a rat. @rut, I love head on shots on rats, it just wrecks them.
It sure does wreck them. And the noise of the strike is good stuff. I just got back from a night of some killing. Shot 6. Could only recover 3 of them due to how the pens are set up here. I could see the other 3 laying stone cold, just couldn’t get to them with my tongs. All head shots with the Hades tonight. What a difference in the whack noise between Redesigns going 950 ft./s, and the Hades going 900 ft./s. Plus the weight difference, all adding up to the FPE whack.
3868DE9B-F895-4FEB-B7DD-25B97FF55A17.jpeg

Reactions: L.Leon
It sure does wreck them. And the noise of the strike is good stuff. I just got back from a night of some killing. Shot 6. Could only recover 3 of them due to how the pens are set up here. I could see the other 3 laying stone cold, just couldn’t get to them with my tongs. All head shots with the Hades tonight. What a difference in the whack noise between Redesigns going 950 ft./s, and the Hades going 900 ft./s. Plus the weight difference, all adding up to the FPE whack. View attachment 279946
Formerly healthy porkers... Good shooting!

Most of my shots at this permission have been roughly 30 to 45 yards.

I am going to bring my hammer spring adjustment down and try the 9.57 H&N hunter extremes ( courtesy of @brawler1588 ) , they look like you can get some good expansion out of them.

20220801_042109.jpg

20220801_042145.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: L.Leon
Posted the video of saturday in the hunting section