Video: How fast can the FX Impact M3 push slugs and still be accurate?

https://youtu.be/cU1gCWvC5P4

Yes, I know I am breaking the rules pushing these so fast! It is just too much damn fun with these FX Impact M3 supersonic slug slinging shenanigans... These Patriot Javelin slugs will be available to us here soon in the U.S. through Utah Airguns and it will be worth the wait. In this testing, I wanted to know if the slug shape Patriot has developed could hold up out past 100 yards and if so, what kind of trajectory and BC would I be getting out that far. All I can say is, HOLY FAST AND FLAT!

This little pill is not only is carrying its BC out to 204 yards, I am pushing it barely over the edge into supersonic territory AND still able to keep the slug on metal swinging targets. In my testing, I did find that the accuracy went from really good at barely stepping into supersonic to CRAZY good just under the sonic barrier. Wait till the end of the video where I show a tuning group at 50 yards that is literally dropping each slug into the same hole at 1100 FPS. I have NEVER been able to do that with slugs at 50 yards. Ever.

For whatever reason the combination fo the FX Airguns STX Superior Heavy Liner with the M3 Impact and this 23 grain slug is allowing me to break some rules of airgunning that I have always touted as being a cardinal sin. STAY AWAY FROM THE SONIC BARRIER! Full discloser, these are more accurate subsonic, but was surprising was they didn't fall completely apart when pushing over 1150 FPS. I have tried this little test with pellets and I can't even keep them on paper at 100 yards. It is an awesome time to be an airgunner and this golden age of innovation with slugs and new barrel innovations from FX Airguns and companies like Patriot Outdoors is taking us into a whole new higher level of airgunning. What a ride!

Reactions: monstr2
Great effort! Super good stuff that fits my goals with an airgun. The report did not sound so quiet though, being one of the main reasons for liking the sport of air gunning. I guess one can't have it all.

Ya, DonnyFL Suppressors are amazing, but they can't change physics. You can't suppress the supersonic crack no matter what is pushing a projectile. That is why .22LR subsonic or .300 Blackouts or .458 SOCOM are often go-to options when shooting firearms suppressed. But go to the end of the video where I shoot that 3 shot group at 1100 FPS. All I did was bring the PowerWheel down a few clicks and then re-tuned the gun with the barrel tuner. Poof! One hole group at 1100 FPS subsonic! So now you you can have your cake and eat it too (minus a handful of FPS to get you below the sonic barrier). 

Great effort! Super good stuff that fits my goals with an airgun. The report did not sound so quiet though, being one of the main reasons for liking the sport of air gunning. I guess one can't have it all.

Ya, DonnyFL Suppressors are amazing, but they can't change physics. You can't suppress the supersonic crack no matter what is pushing a projectile. That is why .22LR subsonic or .300 Blackouts or .458 SOCOM are often go-to options when shooting firearms suppressed. But go to the end of the video where I shoot that 3 shot group at 1100 FPS. All I did was bring the PowerWheel down a few clicks and then re-tuned the gun with the barrel tuner. Poof! One hole group at 1100 FPS subsonic! So now you you can have your cake and eat it too (minus a handful of FPS to get you below the sonic barrier).

Good stuff...I do use a DFL Shogun. Also, just crank up the lead for more.