Video Highlight: .58 Cal Zeus Big Bore Airgun Hunting / Pork Slam 2022!

I've been testing all the different AEA Zeus calibers and configurations this summer and this hunt with Mr. Hollow Point at the 2022 Pork Slam turned out to be one of the most AMAZING big bore airgun hunts I have ever been on. Being able to hang out with Ted Nugent as a guest at his ranch was pretty EPIC, but listening to a private performance of him playing the song Fred Bear acoustically by the campfire is every Michigan Hunters' theme song.

In this video I was also able to showcase the EPIC footage you can capture with the new Tactacam 6.0 and Solo Extreme cameras making videoing your hunt insanely easy. Wait till you see the shot on this pig with video recording from many angles. One of my best hunting video captures EVER! The .58 cal Zeus variant is a newer caliber for me to play with and I am finding it could potentially be the PERFECT caliber for close range big game hunting with big bore airguns. In my testing I have found that once you start getting above .457 caliber in big bore airguns you do gain foot pounds of energy, but you start loosing ballistic coefficient quite rapidly.

This makes them great tools for 100 yards and closer, but anything beyond that they are plummeting too quickly making the trajectories too loopy. Basically these slugs in these calibers of .50 cal, .58 cal, and .72 cal have the BC of marshmallows, but when they hit meat, it is like hitting an animal with a sledge hammer. Mr. Hollow Point's 520 grain .58 cal slugs expanded PERFECTLY and dropped these animals where they stood.

Huge shout out to Bin from The Pellet Shop and Justin at Utah Airguns for sponsoring this testing and hunting adventures with the AEA Zeus. Lastly, if you want to have a really fun way to experience big bore airgun hunting before the Deer hunting season and drop some pigs and Rams, make sure to connect with Mr. Hollow Point to join us at Pork Slam 2023!

Reactions: Rallyshark