Video: FX Airguns Impact M3 + Power Block + Tungsten Hammer

https://youtu.be/0TWwxS0wnIc

The FX Impact M3 just got a HUGE POWER BOOST with the FX Power Block, Tungsten Hammer Spring Guide, and 800mm Tensioned Barrel System in .22 cal! We have reached .22LR Rimfire Match Ammo power AND precision on the power of air! Can it hang with a fully built CZ457 .22LR shooting Eley Match ammo? Let’s find out!

If you are a child of the 80s and 90s like myself, you might still remember the cheat code for Contra on the Nintendo Entertainment System that got you 30 extra lives (post the code below if you still remember it. I DO!). These upgrades to the FX Impact M3 is just like unlocking the cheat code for long range precision shooting! I have been dreaming of the day when we’d reach these power levels ever since we launched the FX Impact M3 last year. I have been testing various iterations of these mods behind the scenes here at FX USA during my trips here for the last few months and now I finally get to show you the results.

With the FX Impact M3 Power Block and Tungsten Hammer Spring Guide, we are eeeking out more efficiency and higher power any any given regulated pressure. In the previous M3 pushing up to 170-175 bar, I was able to hit 80 FPE max with Patriot Javelin 40 grain slugs. Now with that same set up I can hit 90 FPE! That is 1000 FPS with a 40 grain slug! But where this thing really made my jaw drop was now I could crank the reg pressure even higher and hit 1075 FPS with 40 grain slugs (over 100 FPE) with the 800mm barrel kit! That is right at the manufacturers' rating for Lapua Center X premium match grade .22LR ammo.

We are hitting these powers with a more efficient air flow in the block and the ability to open the valve all the way with higher regulated pressures. The 800mm barrel kit is given us an additional 30-40 FPS over the 700mm barrel kit. But with all this power comes some trade offs. Shot count is one of them, but with a good fill source near by like I always do at the range, I will take this extra power all day long. As compared to my peacefully tuned pellet puffer in .30 cal for bencrest competition, this thing has a lot more POP in the shot cycle.

With all that POP we need to stiffen up the overall shooting platform and have accomplished this with the FX Barrel Tensioning System. This system is also available for the other 700-600-500mm barrel kits. Now let's talk about the tactical BLING! you also see on my M3 and that is the Saber Tactical Top Rail System (TRS) and the GRS Top Rail Mounted Bipod! After shooting with this bipod and top rail system, it is going to be really hard for me to go back to bottom mounted bipods. Having your barrel sit below the bipod lowers the overall platform to the bench or ground when shooting prone which makes everything feel WAAAAY more stable and allows me to get a good sight picture and rear bag position.

For this video we just let her run hard and wound all the way out at 1070 FPS. We were surprised to find it was holding MOA accuracy without any real fine tuning. Backed it down a bit to 1050 FPS and it tightened it up to .75 MOA. But how does this compare to a fully built .22LR precision firearm? I invited Josh from the Pursuit of Accuracy Channel hang out with me at FX and do a full week of testing on the new gear.

What we found was the FX Impact M3 is hanging VERY and I mean VERY close to the power and precision of his CZ 457 .22LR with Lilja Match Barrel installed in a chassis slinging Eley Match ammo. We went head to head shooting 2.6 inch diameter soda cans at 300 yards and the results were SHOCKING. He edged me out in total impacts, but what was most revealing was the statistical spread of our misses was exactly the same with the FX Impact M3 showing the Patriot Javelins could really buck the wind. More testing to be done, but this is a game changer!

Suggestion - 

Might be smart to tone down the comments & ad copy such as this - 

We have reached .22LR Rimfire Match Ammo power

Snowflakes and gun haters will start thinking these need to be classified as "firearms"

and regulated.

JM2CW

I get what you're trying to say, but that genie is out of the bottle brother. For the last 4 years I have been heading to the woods with big bore airguns that are now more powerful than .45 ACP handguns and with the deer I dropped last year with the .72 cal Zeus we are well over 1000 FPE. They have been adopted regulations in many states like my own to be considered equivalent to a firearm (but specifically defined as NOT A FIREARM in our state law) so we can use them for big game hunting. 

Did the air stripper in the stock barrel shroud affect accuracy at rimfire speeds.

The airstripper that was in the original shroud is not used in this barrel tension set up. I will say it is significantly louder without it and I am testing a prototype shroud now from Ernest and it makes it way quieter again. I wouldn't say I saw any accuracy issues though and was able to tune the gun sub MOA like I can with the stripper in the shroud.