Video editing

Does anyone know of a video editing program like windows 11 had until recently? They did away with it in an update. You could let the video file run at normal speed then stop it and make it slow motion until the action was over then normal speed till the end. So easy to use. Now you have to buy their program. I have something to slow the whole clip down but takes me a lot of time and work. Hope I'm asking correctly. Thanks

Scott, I too used the Video Editor from my Windows 10 until they switched to "Click Champ" a number of months ago. Just haven't had the motivation or inclination to figure it out yet. IMHO the old program was easy to figure out & work with & for now I don't feel like dealing with a new learning curve. Maybe by Spring when the ground squirrels are active again I'll be ready, maybe not. Either way, my camera still works to capture what I want it to.

A PITA to learn at 1st but great features for free. After I learned how to use the free version better, I bought it because I wanted 4K and 8K editing at higher frame rates.

Screenshot_20231216-082031.png

I just found clipchamp on my windows machine. It does what you requested. Get it FREE from the Microsoft app store.

Last edited:
Quick video from a September hunt made on clipchamp app in Windows 10. It has a little lag on my ancient machine. Video captured on a Tactcam FTS setup. The scope is level, but the camera is not. That is my only complaint.
You have to level your crosshairs using your phone app. Just because the camera looks level doesn't mean it is. I know how to slow the whole clip down but not just the middle. I have had good luck with my Tactacam but sometimes not so good.

Reactions: JimNM
Here is how I would approach the question - full speed clip with a slow-motion follower.

Open a new file, choose the video you want to edit.
Find where you want to trim the excess off the front end of the clip - getting on target, focus etc.
1702754327638.png

Then grab the left side of the frames in the bottom window and drag to the right to trim.

1702754385736.png

Right click on the blank space that is left over - it will delete the empty frames.

Repeat the process for the right side.

I now have a 3.2 second clip
1702754575829.png

Right click (ctrl-c) to copy the clip, paste to the timeline (ctrl-v)
Highlight the new clip and adjust the speed.

1702754790358.png

Us the same logic to trim the slow motion clip for tight action

1702754327638.png1702754385736.png1702754575829.png1702754790358.png