Video editing recommendations

If you are running windows, I suggest using Photo editor. Yeah it makes absolutely no sense, as you would think you should use Movies and TV! 😀

I use Premiere Pro CC and After Effects for my videos, but I do professional video editing, so I can absorb the $60/mo fee.

Screenshot 2022-08-01 173531.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-08-01 174000.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-08-01 174000.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 9
I am not familiar with Pard files. I'm not sure which format that is.

For general video editing I use davinci resolve from black magic. There was/is a free version that may work for you, you will need to check your formats and system. Plenty of tutorials for the software.

I can handle 4k size videos even though the whole program is resource gobbling but it has an option to render big files smaller. I get the occasional crash but only when I'm doing very creative things with lots of things going on.

I use it with gopro hero 9 and DJI Mavic Air 2 files.

+1 for Davinci Resolve 18 (y) :)
-1 for Davinci Resolve and for what I use Premiere Pro.

These tools are extremely complicated and can be difficult for new editors to use. We gotta remember, not everyone can grasp all of the features like a professional can. It takes tons of time and patience!

Lucky for me, I own a video production company, so it only takes me a few minutes for a standard edit in Premiere Pro, and that includes intros and outro, video overlays, slo-mo, etc.

Very interested! I have done quite a bit of scopecamming, but hardly any editing yet.
I need a good tool....

One that will allow me to go though 240fps footage frame by frame (or nearly so).

Matthias
You can do that with the Windows 10 editor. Just right click on a video file and pick open with Photos.

Ed,
so with your background you'd recommend Davinci Resolve — for those of us who don't want 2000 features in their software but just about 100?

I do like overlay, text, zoom in, slomo, intro, outro, two sound tracks, yeah, I want that.
But there seems to be so much more that I probably won't ever use....
So, for that range of features, Davinci Resolve...? Or something else yet?

Your vids are excellent. NOW we know! 👍🏼 😊

Thanks,
Matthias

Ed,
so with your background you'd recommend Davinci Resolve — for those of us who don't want 2000 features in their software but just about 100?

I do like overlay, text, zoom in, slomo, intro, outro, two sound tracks, yeah, I want that.
But there seems to be so much more that I probably won't ever use....
So, for that range of features, Davinci Resolve...? Or something else yet?

Your vids are excellent. NOW we know! 👍🏼 😊

Thanks,
Matthias
Davinci has a tremendous amount of features for free. You get 995 for free and you end up paying for the 5 extra ones😄 . The problem with so many features, is the learning curve is quite high. If you can dedicate 20 hours of watching tutorials and experimenting, then it gonna be hard to beat. 😀

But if that is too much, then try the Windows Photos editor and see if that can deliver what you need in a shorter timeframe.