• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Video: .22 DayState AirWolf - 100 Yards - 10 shots - .528" CTC

That is a great target. 
If that target grid is 1.0", as it indicates, then "On Target" makes the group a tad over the 1/2" ctc. 
The holes are always smaller than the pellet calibre so measuring apparent outside edge to outside edge and subtracting one calibre will always indicate a smaller than actual size. Those red circles are centred over the holes. They are 0.22 inch diameter relative to the one inch grid. The actual holes are always smaller than 0.22 inch; so if you carefully measure one hole's apparent diameter and subtract that from the apparent outside to outside group span one can get very close to true measure.

At a measured 100 yards, that is one of the best air rifle 10 shot groups shot "this century"! ... Well done. ... Best regards, Harry.

Reactions: travels4fun
Guys thanks for the kind words. I honestly was just trying to get off each shot as fast as possible and was viewing the camera screen which is no where near as crisp as looking through the ocular of the lens. No cause was ever identified but the barrel band was removed during this shoot so perhaps that was the cause. Oh and I used lubed 18.1 JSB pellets for this shoot so they may have made a difference. I was shooting on a blanket on my belly using an MTM Predator Rest. The heat waves were insane and a slight breeze moving left to right and in my face made things tricky, I have another video shooting the adjacent blue dot target on YouTube as well. I shot a similar group on that which is in that video. I'm headed back in a bit since the sun won't be in my face now. I'll keep you posted.

Scott

"Yrrah"That is a great target. 
If that target grid is 1.0", as it indicates, then "On Target" makes the group a tad over the 1/2" ctc. 
The holes are always smaller than the pellet calibre so measuring apparent outside edge to outside edge and subtracting one calibre will always indicate a smaller than actual size. Those red circles are centred over the holes. They are 0.22 inch diameter relative to the one inch grid. The actual holes are always smaller than 0.22 inch; so if you carefully measure one hole's apparent diameter and subtract that from the apparent outside to outside group span one can get very close to true measure.

At a measured 100 yards, that is one of the best air rifle 10 shot groups shot "this century"! ... Well done. ... Best regards, Harry.

Thanks so much for running it through OnTarget I really appreciate it!!!

This is the kind of thing that changes how the sport is looked at!! You elevate us all.

Out of curiosity what power was your scope?

Im still trying to wrap my head around that spiraling being so consistent, just seems impossible. Like you said if it wasn't on camera I just couldn't believe it.

I will be using your video as evidence in my arguments with the pb crowd.