• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vevor pcp compressor

IMG_20220326_223819.jpg

Sounds like plugged one-way valve in gun air reservoir. If you have one of these, you can dead-head Vevor to make sure it builds pressure OK. If it does, I'd focus on one-way valve cleaning. Make sure gun air reservoir empty before removing anything. WM

Reactions: Camaro454
I’m not familiar with Vevor compressors. I have not heard of portable compressors having over pressure valves, I think they usually have burst disks (helps keep cost down).
If you have a dead head plug, maybe put it in and see if it does the same thing as when you connect fill line to the rifle. Listen to the compressor to see if it does the same thing in the same amount of time, and being careful not to blow the burst disk (if equipped).
Do you have a hand pump that you can try pumping with that to see if the hand pump stalls out too ?
What rifle are you trying to fill ? Do you have another airgun or SCBA to try the same thing on ?

If you have silicone oil you can add a drop, or two, in end of foster fitting or end of inserted fill probe, whichever applies, and let sit overnight, might free up one-way valve. WM
If air spews out the hose fine but clogs when plugged up to the gun .. ?

I guess you can know / determine that ..

No air out the probe then look work back to hose or compressor , good air spews out the probe , then work forward to gun / one way or something . Hate to think your gun Guage is bad and your already 4500psi in the guns tube/ tank. ..lol

No beeping. It just slows down and stops. If I don't shut it right away it will pop the fuse
Almost sounds like it’s seizing.
1. After it cools down, does it start right up?
2. The next time you use it, try, if possible , to rotate the motor and remember how easy or hard it is to turn. Then use the compressor for a normal run time. When it starts to bog down and you shut it off, bleed the HP air and then try to rotate the motor. If it’s much harder than when cool, something is seizing.

Almost sounds like it’s seizing.
1. After it cools down, does it start right up?
2. The next time you use it, try, if possible , to rotate the motor and remember how easy or hard it is to turn. Then use the compressor for a normal run time. When it starts to bog down and you shut it off, bleed the HP air and then try to rotate the motor. If it’s much harder than when cool, something is seizing.
Yes it will turn right back on. As soon as any pressure builds it bogs down and stoos. It will run forever blowing air out if the hose but as soon as I put a deadhead in the hose it bogs and stops.i noticed that when there is pressure in the line after shutting off the motor it looks like the piston is pushing out.

Ynot,
Sounds like a compressor problem, dying deadheaded is not normal. Vevor makes different 4500 psi model compressors, if yours is a high-speed fan only cooled model, Biohazardman, a knowledgeable HPA compressor guy, states a year to year and a half lifetime is all one can realistically expect. Might consider time to rebuild though most report limited success in that endeavor. WM