Taipan Veteran regulator

Good morning, I am trying to lower my factory regulator down to 100 bar. Has anyone stacked the belleville washers in a different way to achieve this. Stacking them in the traditional way )()()()()()()()( only gets me down to approximately 120 bar with the adjuster turn all the way in. I will experiment a little today. I was just hoping someone had done this before to save me some air. Thanks all.

you have to hold the screw when you turn the brass nut or it will rotate with it OK?! check this video 9:00min
let us know how it goes
I took the

you have to hold the screw when you turn the brass nut or it will rotate with it OK?! check this video 9:00min
let us know how it goes
I took the regulator apart and bottomed our adjustment till washers hung up in adjustment screw then back 1/4 turn. Going to try a different stack order.

Stacked SINGLES Opposed is as low a spring rate as you can get ... THO, removing a single bevel from the stack may do the trick ?

* The ) end of stacked washers needs to be placed against the Spools LP end ( Convex side against the shoulder of spool ) and still having the concave end of stack on shoulder of the reg body.

Reactions: Raysfan
you can’t just change to single stack it will change the displacement lift/position of the piston. If you are still fiddling check the seal for deformation and all seals not to leak, does it regulate at all? Or just lets all the cylinder pressure through, did you turn it into the right direction.

if you are going nowhere just order a Huma, no more guesswork. Your time is also $

Last edited:
Reactions: Raysfan
Stacked SINGLES Opposed is as low a spring rate as you can get ... THO, removing a single bevel from the stack may do the trick ?

* The ) end of stacked washers needs to be placed against the Spools LP end ( Convex side against the shoulder of spool ) and still having the concave end of stack on shoulder of the reg body.
Going to try that right now.
Appreciate the information.

Thank You to all who responded.
With one washer removed and set up the way Scott suggested the regulator pressure is now down near 100 bar.
It maxes out at 950ish with the CPHP 14.3.
Have it set at approximately 880ish and can shoot down to 80 bar before it tanks off.
Thank you again
Results obtained.
Really do love these Taipan Veterans so easy to work on and lots of awesome people out there with tons of knowledge about them.

20231126_151730.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Motorhead
Trying to go off shot strings. At roughly 100 bar the the spread starts to open up to about 20 fps ie couple at 885 down to 860 then up again. Down to a little below 80 bar then dropped to 865, 860, 858 . It was not so nice outside so did not keep records of the shot string. Just kept a mental note of any large fluctuations. seems to be lots more consistent in the desired 880ish range. This regulator was an extra that I acquired to play with. The original was 134 bar as marked on the regulator. This on was marked 117 bar and removed from a .177. It was not assembled like Ernest Rowe, but was as the pairs were double ))(())(())(())(( . Not 100 percent sure of this.