Veteran and First Responder Giveaway with UpNorth Airgunner!!!

Airgun Nation

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 24, 2020
Colorado, United States
Chris Turek (the UpNorth Airgunner) has put together an amazing package that one lucky Veteran or First Responder will win. Being that we love Veterans & First Responders as well... we'd like to help spread the love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3XbyQDq8BU

In the words of Chris Turek - This giveaway is going to be HUGE! Please see the details below on how to nominate a winner.

Help us spread the word by sharing! On July 4th we will be giving away an amazing package of airgun gear that will put a smile on the face of a deserving Veteran or First Responder. Make your nomination here: https://www.upnorthairgunner.com/pages/airgunners-for-veterans-nomination

Support the initiative by purchasing Airgunners for Veterans gear here: https://www.upnorthairgunner.com/collections/airgunners-for-veterans

Our friends over at FX Airguns USA, Patriot Slugs, Utah Airguns, DonnyFl, Saber Tactical Inc, Element Optics, Umarex USA, Inc., ERGOAir, and Predator Pellets went WAAAAAAY above and beyond on this one!

Package includes:

• FX Airguns Maverick in .22 cal
  • Saber Tactical Inc Buttstock - Bag Rider - Extended Rail
  • DonnyFl Tatsu Supressor
  • Element Optics Scope
  • Send iT Electronic Scope Level from Utah Airguns
  • ERGOAir Tactical Grip
  • Umarex USA, Inc. ReadyAir Portable Compressor
  • Patriot Outdoors Javelin Slugs
  • JSB Pellets from Predator Pellets

If you are a Veteran or First responder or if you would like to nominate someone, head over to www.UpNorthAirGunner.com and make a nomination. If you would like to support this initiative, 100% of the profits from any gear on our website with the Airgunners for Veterans logo goes to buying ammo for the winner. LOTS OF AMMO!

Chris, I'm a disabled Navy veteran. I own 1 air rifle, and I drool when I see the rifles you shoot. Is it possible to nominate myself? I'll even send you my VBA documentation with proof of disability and DD-214 if you like.

Yes you can! He mentions that in the video. 

Thank you for your service! 

So, who won? Any member here?

We have a winner! Congratulations to William Wallerstedt - U.S. Air Force Veteran / U.S. Air National Guardsman (who is still serving), who is the winner of the 4th of July Airgunners for Veterans Giveaway! Our winner was selected using a random number generator and picking from the spreadsheet of applicants who had applied by noon on July 4th and we took the extra step of verifying proof of service after the drawing. We will be posting a video soon introducing you all to the drawing winner. A HUGE thank you to the 300+ applicants and / or friends and family who nominated veterans in their lives. Thank you again to the great sponsors who made this giveaway possible. We will be having more giveaways soon so stay tuned to UpNorthAirGunner! 

william.1625771062.jpeg

So Chris- I'm perplexed by something. This is a quote from what you just wrote:

" Our winner was selected using a random number generator and picking from the spreadsheet of applicants who had applied by noon on July 4th and took the extra step of verifying proof of service " Here's what it says on your website:

Capture.1625788605.PNG

Nowhere on your website did I see that proof of service was required. As a matter of fact, I asked you both here on AGN and your website if you wanted me to provide my VBA disability documentation or my DD-214. I heard nothing back. I fully agree that proof of service should be a criteria, but I think that should be requested up front. Like I said, I fully endorse the request, and I would have gladly supplied the aforementioned records. I think it's a bit unfair as I was eliminated from the selection based on a criteria that wasn't expressed by the person hosting the giveaway.

On another note, I'm always happy when a veteran or active duty service member gets recognized or wins something like this. So congratulations William.

" Our winner was selected using a random number generator and picking from the spreadsheet of applicants who had applied by noon on July 4th and took the extra step of verifying proof of service " Here's what it says on your website:

Capture.1625788605.PNG

Nowhere on your website did I see that proof of service was required. As a matter of fact, I asked you both here on AGN and your website if you wanted me to provide my VBA disability documentation or my DD-214. I heard nothing back. I fully agree that proof of service should be a criteria, but I think that should be requested up front. Like I said, I fully endorse the request, and I would have gladly supplied the aforementioned records. I think it's a bit unfair as I was eliminated from the selection based on a criteria that wasn't expressed by the person hosting the giveaway.

On another note, I'm always happy when a veteran or active duty service member gets recognized or wins something like this. So congratulations William.

Ummm... I think there is a bit of misunderstanding. I just edited that a bit to make it more clear about the process and for clarification, I would have only verified your service if you would have won. Furthermore, I would have done so in various "less intrusive" ways vs. asking for your DD214 or medical records. The last two winners we have had I did a phone interview with each over the phone to talk about their service and had them send me photos of their time in the service for a good faith verification.

Stolen valor is a real thing, but asking for a DD214 or your VBA disability documentation would be me asking for WAAAAY too much personal information that for the sake of your privacy, I wouldn't ask for. So your name and the names of over 300 other veterans and first responders were in the spreadsheet and they will continue to be in the mix in the next drawing. Hope that clears some things up and thank you for your service brother. 

Capture.1625788605.PNG

Ummm... I think there is a bit of misunderstanding. I just edited that a bit to make it more clear about the process and for clarification, I would have only verified your service if you would have won. Furthermore, I would have done so in various "less intrusive" ways vs. asking for your DD214 or medical records. The last two winners we have had I did a phone interview with each over the phone to talk about their service and had them send me photos of their time in the service for a good faith verification.

Stolen valor is a real thing, but asking for a DD214 or your VBA disability documentation would be me asking for WAAAAY too much personal information that for the sake of your privacy, I wouldn't ask for. So your name and the names of over 300 other veterans and first responders were in the spreadsheet and they will continue to be in the mix in the next drawing. Hope that clears some things up and thank you for your service brother.

My bad Chris. I wasn't trying to imply anything other than if proof of service was required for prequalification, I didn't see it stated on your website. It makes total sense after you explain. I'm not ungrateful nor am I a whine-titty. I'm genuinely happy for the winner. And I'm extremely grateful that you serve veterans in the capacity that you do. Many veterans have disabilities, and sadly most go undiagnosed. I can tell you that getting the VA to take responsibility for what happened during your service is an uphill battle. And the most frustrating part is knowing your story- knowing you've been broken and having to fight tooth and nail to get compensated- then watching people around you who do NOTHING have money coming in hand-over-fist from entitlement programs.

Thank you for YOUR service Chris. Both for your military service and your continued service to vets.

Capture.1625788605.PNG

My bad Chris. I wasn't trying to imply anything other than if proof of service was required for prequalification, I didn't see it stated on your website. It makes total sense after you explain. I'm not ungrateful nor am I a whine-titty. I'm genuinely happy for the winner. And I'm extremely grateful that you serve veterans in the capacity that you do. Many veterans have disabilities, and sadly most go undiagnosed. I can tell you that getting the VA to take responsibility for what happened during your service is an uphill battle. And the most frustrating part is knowing your story- knowing you've been broken and having to fight tooth and nail to get compensated- then watching people around you who do NOTHING have money coming in hand-over-fist from entitlement programs.

Thank you for YOUR service Chris. Both for your military service and your continued service to vets.

Its all good brother! I went back and reread how I wrote that about the verification and I can totally see how you thought that. We had some more AWESOME giveaways and some amazing support from the industry. Your name is 100% in the hat still for the next drawing. 

I do want to do something for you though since you were so willing to provide your medical documentation of your disability and I TOTALLY know the pain in the ass it is to deal with the VA. I was in a Humvee accident my last three months of my service and was medivaced to the Ft. Hood Hospital. To this day I suffer from random back issues, but I have not been able to get the VA to recognize my injury as service related. Private Message me and I want to give you a free shirt from my shop.