Veteran 2 ?

Utah Airguns and Talon Tunes stock the Vet 2 tube versions but not the cf bottles yet. I am definitely chomping at the bit to try a bottle version when they come out. I’ve owned several Vet standards and compacts but sold them all to try other brands. I almost bought a new Vet until I saw a few Vet 2 videos come out. Now contemplating between the Vet 2 or the Prophet 3? Decisions, decisions decisions?!?!? 🤔

I was turned off of the vet2 by a feature they took away. I think I’ve beaten a dead horse telling everyone about it, lol.
I think they don’t get much traction on YouTube because they don’t pay for advertising. Talon tunes is the exclusive distributor for them in the states, and he also doesn’t YouTube, or pay tubers to review them. That leaves independent reviewers to pick up the slack, and I just don’t think it’s in enough of those hands to get the videos rolling. I’m sure we’ll see more content in the future, but they’re not FX, so you won’t see a hundred videos on the same gun.

I was turned off of the vet2 by a feature they took away. I think I’ve beaten a dead horse telling everyone about it, lol.
I think they don’t get much traction on YouTube because they don’t pay for advertising. Talon tunes is the exclusive distributor for them in the states, and he also doesn’t YouTube, or pay tubers to review them. That leaves independent reviewers to pick up the slack, and I just don’t think it’s in enough of those hands to get the videos rolling. I’m sure we’ll see more content in the future, but they’re not FX, so you won’t see a hundred videos on the same gun.
Talon Tunes isn’t the exclusive dealer for Taipan. Utah Airguns is also a Taipan dealer. that’s where I got my .22 long.

Reactions: scubajeeper
Utah Airguns and Talon Tunes stock the Vet 2 tube versions but not the cf bottles yet. I am definitely chomping at the bit to try a bottle version when they come out. I’ve owned several Vet standards and compacts but sold them all to try other brands. I almost bought a new Vet until I saw a few Vet 2 videos come out. Now contemplating between the Vet 2 or the Prophet 3? Decisions, decisions decisions?!?!? 🤔

I wanted a Taipan Veteran Standard because of their reputation , so when they went on sale for $1100 I couldn't pass it up. The standard V1 weighs 7.4lbs and the V2 weighs 8.5lbs . That and the anti double load feature really pushed me towards the v1. I liked it enough that I order a v1 compact in .177 also while they were still in stock new . And really didn't want one used that someone has worked on or hopped up.

It seems like someone wanting an accurate bench rifle would try the v2 with the free floated barrel. I bet its well engineered with few O-rings .

My guess: People who would want a gun like this are living happily ever after not wanting or needing anything more than they already have with their amazingly sweet Taipan Veterans. I know I am :cool:
Just wouldn't seem right, my Taipans perform to perfection with all that I ask, why consider replacement? WM

I purchased a Vet 2 in .25 from Tony almost 2 weeks ago. The new Vet comes with a CZ unchoked 1:17 polygonal barrel and shoots MKIIs with typical Taipan Veteran accuracy. I have AVS slugs to test currently inbound.

I have been surprised as well that there have been no reviews. I figured shooter1721 would have done a video by now

I contacted Taipan and they will be releasing the 700mm .25 barrel in a few weeks. Now all we need is a quick dial adjuster, plenum, and power spring.

Sure, the double feed feature is gone but how many other manufacturers offer that feature and how often do I double feed? Maybe twice out of 10k pellets?
The side lever is amazing by the way.

I purchased a Vet 2 in .25 from Tony almost 2 weeks ago. The new Vet comes with a CZ unchoked 1:17 polygonal barrel and shoots MKIIs with typical Taipan Veteran accuracy. I have AVS slugs to test currently inbound.

I have been surprised as well that there have been no reviews. I figured shooter1721 would have done a video by now

I contacted Taipan and they will be releasing the 700mm .25 barrel in a few weeks. Now all we need is a quick dial adjuster, plenum, and power spring.

Sure, the double feed feature is gone but how many other manufacturers offer that feature and how often do I double feed? Maybe twice out of 10k pellets?
The side lever is amazing by the way.
The anti double feed (for me) wasn’t about accidental double loading. The fad t that the gun could be decocked without taking out the mag, and be ready to go when you needed it was a big plus for me. My bet standsrd remains on the ready with a mag loaded, but decocked and ready to just cock it and shoot. That way, when I see a critter going after my chickens, it’s fast to deploy.

The anti double feed (for me) wasn’t about accidental double loading. The fad t that the gun could be decocked without taking out the mag, and be ready to go when you needed it was a big plus for me. My bet standsrd remains on the ready with a mag loaded, but decocked and ready to just cock it and shoot. That way, when I see a critter going after my chickens, it’s fast to deploy.
Ah, I can certainly understand how the feature worked very well for you.

Reactions: madeintheuk
The anti double feed is a big deal to me also. I love the fact that you can decock the gun when hunting. If you don’t use it to hunt, I can see why it wouldn’t be a big deal. I can’t get past the weight of the Vet 2, if I where in the market, I’d probably go with the original, especially since they’re on sale.

I am going to get a Vet 2, monetary obligations have delayed me. I think I can in a couple weeks and will consult with anyone with uploading video if possible.
I may pull the trigger on a.25 standard vet 2 myself..
I have a coupel of reservations I am wrestling with though:
1) shot count
2) lack of market feedback on the Vet 2
3) weight
4) another bullpup in the collection

I dunno sounds like i am talking myself out of it.. Lol

I need a .25 and if i'm being honest with myself I would prefer a Traditional Stocked gun ....

I’ve had a Vet 2 to for several weeks now in.25 shooting JSB 33.95 at 905fps. It was shooting around 935 FPS when I received it and it seems like the regulator is set for around 130 bar.
Haven’t tested for a shot count but I know I get at least four magazines from a 250 Bar fill
Accuracy is excellent as well as the side cocking and typical Taipan Trigger.
The only negative would be the weight of the rifle.

Reactions: Headshots