• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Very slow leak on my Panthera

I thought about that, but pressure loss due to cooling normally reduces pressure and stabilizes. My gun continues a slow steady decline.
Thanks. I thought it leveled out after the initial 5bar loss. I believe Centercut had a similar problem recently. You might want to ask him about it.
Here's that post from C'cut:

"I had a leak after about six months from my .25 Panthera 600mm. I've been shooting it at about 86 FPE mostly for PRS type shooting. I looked at doing the warranty repair myself, with parts from FX-USA but didn't have the tool to remove the valve cover plug. The leak was coming from that area of the gun. So, I called FX-USA, got an RMA, and sent it in UPS on 14 September. To my surprise, I received the repaired gun on 27 September! No leak, and works just like it did prior to the leak. My only recommendation is for FX-USA to include some sort of list on what work was done to the gun and what parts were replaced. Other than that, great job! Impressive customer service!"

Last edited:
My 700 mm Panthera starting about two weeks after it arrived - leaking 100 bar per week. I called FX and their customer service team and they gave me a repair authorization allowing me to send it back at my expense. I did and it arrived back about a month later with the regulator gauge severely smashed and still leaking.

To make a long story short, FX issued a call tag and it went back again, this time at their expense. It came back about five weeks later, seemingly fine to this point.

In fairness, FX couldn’t have been more gracious and responsive. They fixed the problem. The rifle is so unique in terms of power and accuracy, it is worth it and I truly appreciate that they stepped up to the plate and handled the issues.

My Panthera Compact Hunter .25 also has a slow leak.

A pity you pay so much money for an uncompleted item.... Bad quality control, doubtless.
Not so "doubtless" to me. You're making an assumption my friend. Don't be too hard on them. I know you're not a fan. This is the first edition & first year of release. I think FX will do all they can to make things right! Name 1 airgun manufacturer that hasn’t had to work out SOME kind of bug after release. That's how progress is made, ironing out "the bugs"!

a lot of us do not particularly like to be( unbeknown to us) the beta testers though.
There’s a simple answer there - don’t buy anything new to market. It’s just not possible to find all the problems that you might encounter with thousands of users, some of whom struggle to fix a puncture on a bicycle. Notably, the average new car has two recalls per year.

As for Emu, he’s just got done drying his eyes after his much vaunted Sidewinder went down and into AOA for repair. The tagline in that thread was “Machines break!”. So much for that bout of contrition!

Anyway, be sure to check the gauges. They seem to be a common source of leaks, particularly if the gun is stored or slid around on them.

Reactions: Gerry52