• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Very limited choices on .30 pellets.

Maybe its just me.All I can seem to find is FX 44.8g,which are the JSB 44.75 rounded up to 44.8 with FX sticker placed on tin.

then we have the JSB 44.75 and 50.15. “44,75 always on back order”

and polymag 44.75 no good in rotary mag.

was .30 a poor choice? Should I just buy a .25 barrel kit for my dream tac ?

im primarily hunt iguanas here in south Florida and need more expansion for the larger animals. I really don’t wanna shoot slugs.

any thoughts or suppliers of different pellets?

I left one VM message and one email to H&N, to come out with a Barracuda Hunter extreme in a 30 cal, with some weight behind it. Certainly no less than the 44.75 grain offerings, and maybe to as high as 48 grains. No response. I think that pellet would do awesome. It does in all my break barrels and PCP’s, from 177, 22, and 25.

Im curious as to how the new Vortex pellets from hatsan work. I saw one tread that had negative feedback from it, which I’m hoping is just one man’s opinion. Hatsan reassured me that I wouldn’t be disappointed with the new offerings when they were released, as I showed concern that the Vortex 30’s were no longer available. They(the discontinued Vortex Supremes)shoot great out of my wildcat 30 and my Hercules Bully. I know others that have guns that like the Vortex ones, also. 

They are available, but in tins of 100! Why, Hatsan, Why!! The price reflects the less amount, but you know how easy it is to burn them a tin of 100 30 cal pellets? 150 to a tin wasn’t enough, so drop it to 100?

I left one VM message and one email to H&N, to come out with a Barracuda Hunter extreme in a 30 cal, with some weight behind it. Certainly no less than the 44.75 grain offerings, and maybe to as high as 48 grains. No response. I think that pellet would do awesome. It does in all my break barrels and PCP’s, from 177, 22, and 25.

Im curious as to how the new Vortex pellets from hatsan work. I saw one tread that had negative feedback from it, which I’m hoping is just one man’s opinion. Hatsan reassured me that I wouldn’t be disappointed with the new offerings when they were released, as I showed concern that the Vortex 30’s were no longer available. They(the discontinued Vortex Supremes)shoot great out of my wildcat 30 and my Hercules Bully. I know others that have guns that like the Vortex ones, also. 

They are available, but in tins of 100! Why, Hatsan, Why!! The price reflects the less amount, but you know how easy it is to burn them a tin of 100 30 cal pellets? 150 to a tin wasn’t enough, so drop it to 100?

Manufacturers do this thinking us consumers are too stupid to figure it out while leaving the prices the same. They would raise the price to keep their increased profit margin goal if they left them 150.

They think we are all like this:

1596426046_21381241985f27873ee28cd1.07938797.png
1596426079_13653611215f27875f4ab117.90703375.png

"Polymags a no go in rotary mag"? If it's because the polymer tip is too long just clip it with a nail clipper or some such tool until it fits in magazine. Been doing this for a few years & they work great! I use Polymags in my FX Boss (.30) with clipped tips & they're devastating. Don't count them out till you try them! YOU DON'T HAVE TO SINGLE LOAD POLYMAGS! 

I just purchased a NOE 30 caliber pellet mold. I will be trying to get them to shoot straight hopefully in the coming days out of my 700mm STX. Looks like between 46gr and 47gr with these casts, but do have two other different pins for heavier weights. I cast these today.

1596598187_462465495f2a27abb83404.37701696.jpg

Wow those look great can I buy some ?! Let us know how they do!

Thanks Eric! I am a long ways from selling these, nor would I sell them (a lot of work), but if they turn out worthy enough I would be happy to send you some for free being you gave me the time of day, and were the first to ask. I don't know if I can get them to even group well yet.

I did already cast a few and tried them. Groups tried to form tight on some, but overall a roughly two inch group at 52 yards. These cast are far better looking than my first run though, so fingers crossed...

I have that same mold TT, the deep skirt ones i found do better than the heavier shallow skirt. These are my best shooting cast projectiles. Dont bother with that barrel shaped .30 mold from NOE. They are all over the place. 

I size those pellets to .299

Thanks! That's good info for me and others. I won't bother with the heavier pins then. I have already been there with the BBTs, and is why I got this mold. .299 sounds good!

What groups sizes are you getting at distance?

I have that same mold TT, the deep skirt ones i found do better than the heavier shallow skirt. These are my best shooting cast projectiles. Dont bother with that barrel shaped .30 mold from NOE. They are all over the place. 

I size those pellets to .299

Thanks! That's good info for me and others. I won't bother with the heavier pins then. I have already been there with the BBTs, and is why I got this mold. .299 sounds good!

What groups sizes are you getting at distance?

Something like 3/4 inch at 50m, thats all ive shot them at so far.