• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

VERY IMPRESSED with Victoptics 1-6 LPVO scope from Edgunwest!!!!

So I saw a post about Edgunwest now carry vector scopes so I went to take a look. Saw Victoptics 1-6 LPVO scope and really like the spec and price of $125. I figured it’s cheap enough to give it a try, I’ve ordered and return around 10 LPVO scopes including some very well reviewed scope like the new swampfox, vortex…… Alway found something I don’t like about them and none of them can beat my “cheap” Alpha6 1-6, only thing Is I don’t like the reticle and it’s a bit heavy. 

brown Santa dropped off the scope today and I opened it right away, expectation was low because all the LPVO I had to return. First impression the burnt bronze finish looks pretty dang nice, almost PST GEN2 look. Then I pick it up and and it is only 15 oz like the spec says, nice! Quick peek through the scope my jaw dropped! Damn thing is CLEAR! Not only it’s clear the glass has the Japanese glass clear white look without hint of tint like all the Chinese budget scope! Then the reticle is really well thought out and VERY useful for airgun thanks to the Mildot Christmas tree reticle but not obtrusive or hardly visible at 1x, the horse shoe center reticle with a fine dot is excellent!! It even has nice locking tactical turrets that feel pretty darn good. It also has green and red illumination! 

It’s simply unbelievable good!!!! So good I ordered a second one immediately! 

Couple things that might be negative:

- the scope does feel a little plasticky but the weight saving has to come from somewhere, I’ll take lighter weight over “solid” construction anyway. 
- at 6x the eye box is pretty tight but I didn’t find it horrible and if I’m at 6x then I’m will take the time for a more precise shot. 
- there is slight fishbowl effect at 1x, it’s not bad and you have to look for it. I won’t be using 1x a lot so doesn’t bother me, then again it’s $125 bucks not 1800 dollar PST GEN2 

it really fits nicely on my beloved pp700, the light weight feels awesome and the long eye relieve just works awesome on that gun. I’m setting it up with a red light for CQB with rats!

1B7FB65A-030B-4EEA-B804-A8CE01257761.1635643910.jpeg

Only very slight fishbow effect at 1x
2972AE5C-2391-46AC-A33D-CE8C95C00061.1635643911.jpeg

LOVE the green illumination with my red light setup.
F2F136C3-946B-49D8-82B8-17C9DC08CCAA.1635650340.jpeg

Did I mention I really love this scope? 

EDIT: I just realized it’s not a vector scope, it’s Victoptics. Maybe associated with vector? Even the box looks similar, regardless it’s a pretty dang awesome scope for the price. 

Reactions: Ezana4CE
After a closer look of the box in your pic, are you sure that’s a Vector Optics scope? The side says “Victoptics” and it looks different than the branding on my Vector Veyron box. I can’t see the logo on your box, but the logo on the scope doesn’t look like the Vector Optics logo. Still seems worth checking out from your review for that price point. 

After a closer look of the box in your pic, are you sure that’s a Vector Optics scope? The side says “Victoptics” and it looks different than the branding on my Vector Veyron box. I can’t see the logo on your box, but the logo on the scope doesn’t look like the Vector Optics logo. Still seems worth checking out from your review for that price point.

you are right, didn’t pay attention but it seems to me they just changed the name a little. Even the box looked same as the veyron. 

Help a shooter with little scope experience understand please.

Checking the specs, the parallax is set at 100 yards

How do you get a sharp image at 75,50, 25 yards?

Thanks

Ed

Try setting the scope's mag settings at 1 or 2 for closer shots. If your eye can pick out a clear target at 25 yds, it probably will work ok for you. That's probably one of the reasons the scope is as cheap as it it. Once you introduce a adjustable parallax, you are putting more components in the scope=more $$ (and heavier, too).

Also the eye piece adjustment can help you adjust clarity for set distance, think of it as adjustable fixed parallax. I can see 6 feet just fine on 1x. Keep in mind everyone’s eyes are different and depending on the eye piece adjustment 1x can be seen with more fish bowl effect but not a huge deal at $125 bucks….which is cheaper than amazon no name scopes. Tried a couple of amazon no name scopes and they are no where near as good as this one. 

if you look at my second picture, on 1x my fence which is 6 feet away and my neighbor’s roof which is about 15 yards away are both crystal clear. At 6x is where you will struggle a little at under 30 yards but can be adjusted down with eye piece adjustment. 

Since I got another one coming I decided it to move it onto my dreamtac compact because I don’t enjoy shooting with digital sight, I’m going to zero my ATN scope with higher power setting so I can take care of the opossum that ate bunch of my tomatoes. The LPVO will be for day time shooting and squirrel duty…..if one decides to show up. 

the scope feels great one the DTC because of the weight savings, just feels so nice! It also looks so…..tacticool!!! I shall call it SAW (Squirrel Assault Weapon) with full 7FPE of furry! 

BDD81F05-C61A-40A0-8E87-2F1F4805F6BC.1635824114.jpeg

no issues shooting out to 35 yards with 5-6x, still playing with eye piece adjustment so the focus is best between 15-35 range I shoot at. Still very impressed with the glass, very clear with very bright white image! Ok it’s not quite Japanese glass white and bright but certain very white and bright for Chinese budget scope.

I did find a gripe however, I decided to use the more “premium” Vector Optics labeled rings that came with this budget scope. And WOW! They are the worst rings I’ve ever seen!!!! Horrible fit and finish! The saddles won’t line up at all and they don’t even fit on the pic rail correctly! Completely garbage! My 8 dollar rings from amazon are night and day better! Since the scope is so good and inexpensive I decided to just throw away the rings but keep the screws as back up. Now I just need a squirrel to show up. 

Thanks for this post. Been wanting to try an LPVO on my Leshiy 2 and, well, can't complain about the price on this one. So I've decided to trust your judgment and ordered one for myself :) it seems to have a pretty nice reticle. Gonna be fun to try it out.

Let us know how you like it, it’s cheap enough to try. I don’t shoot very far with it but with good glass I can see a long ways with it. 

Here are another pair of "I'm new to scopes" questions

What are the practical/functional reasons for having a scope start at 1x magnification?

Also

Does LPVO have a technical function associated with it, or is it simply an acronym for something like Low Priced Vector Optics?

Thanks

ED

Low Powered Variable Optic.

I can't really answer the reasoning for 1x but I do read comments about whether scopes are a true 1x or not on other (non airgun) forums. There seems to be a need.

I have LPVOs simply because I can mount them lower but I've never had a use for 1x. 2x with even decent field of view is good enough for me.

What are the practical/functional reasons for having a scope start at 1x magnification?

Also

Does LPVO have a technical function associated with it, or is it simply an acronym for something like Low Priced Vector Optics?

Thanks

ED

1x is specifically designed as for CQB on AR as red dot with magnifier alternative. With 1x you can adjust the eye piece so the image is identical to both of your eyes to enable you to have both eye open for MUCH faster target acquisition. The use case is walking into an area with humane torso sized targets and you just move your gun and head together so you can pull trigger when the center of reticle is on the center of the target. Obviously this doesn’t quite apply to airgun’s but the wide field of vision thanks to the small objective lens at all magnifications is very handy for finding the squirrel in the leafy canopy. 

actually 1x in scopes is pretty hard to make without fish bowl effect if you want to have any magnifications at all. It’s pretty awesome to see budget LPVO scopes has gotten this good! LPVO used to be quite expensive for a scope even semi descent.

Thanks Scouty, Thanks qball

I may just have to try this (or another LPVO) just for the experience of shooting with both eyes open.

Ed

Both eyes open thing only works well at 1x and you have to adjust the image to same size at what you have in the other eye, it take a bit fi fiddling. if you set it up correctly then it’s darn cool because it’s just you having both eyes open with a reticle floating in mid air, the boarder of the scope eye piece should disappear. Also much better for people like me with astigmatism where in low light the red dot is obstructive. But unless the squirrel is at 20 yards or closer 1x is kind of hard unless you have amazing eyes. 

I highly recommend trying this scope but don’t use the crap rings. It’s as good as most LPVO scopes 5x the price. 

Also

Thanks

ED

LOL! I think I like your definition for LPVO better than the standard def. LPVO are primarily designed for military/tatical use on AR-15's and AR-10's. And they are very popular with guys running 3-gun events, too.

Help a shooter with little scope experience understand please.

Checking the specs, the parallax is set at 100 yards

How do you get a sharp image at 75,50, 25 yards?

Thanks

Ed

I’ve run a fixed 100 yard parallax scope on an air rifle for months before switching out. The image quality was fine and as @qball suggested adjusting the diopter helped keep the image clear at various distances. The biggest challenge I encountered was maintaining a virtually identical cheek weld in order to stack pellets while target shooting; this was from 25-60 yards. If I didn’t place my cheek at the same place on the stock, my pellets’ point of impact would change.