Very disappointing

AF has a business model. It works for AF but possibly not for every individual. And as good as the Theoben and RAW rifles apparently are, it seems that the failure generally is on the part of Theoben and RAW, not AF. JMO.

I'm not sure this is totally fair to Martin and his folks in TN. First, it is my understanding that Theoben has not existed as a viable company since its bankruptcy in England. So, maybe it should not even be in the conversation. Apparently, there are differing opinions regarding the problems that resulted in the demise of Theoben. Having bought two of his RAW rifles, and also having numerous conversations with him (mostly to solicit help in fixing something I screwed up), I am personally sure that Martin's competence as a builder of air rifles is top shelf. I don't know what is going on with AirForce and the marketing of the RAW brand. Some people are very talented in designing and building a product. Some folks are great at marketing, and others are good at running a production company. I don't know what rights AirForce has regarding the RAW brand. IMO, as long as Martin controls production and service, all is well. Like all of us, he has the right act in his best interest. Selfishly, I hope his rifles are not added to the list of great products bought by folks who are unable or unwilling to continue offering an excellent product. As the doctor says, guess we'll have to wait and see.

I wasn't knocking any particular person or brand of rifle. Many think of both RAW and Theoben as among the best. It seems to be simply a business issue-the brands weren't able to continue on their own or those involved didn't want to pursue such. The OP directed his ire at AF on this and that seems misdirected IMO.