Very disappointed with the new Benjamins.....

My first PCP was a Marauder F&T. Still have it and love it. It has performed flawlessly for the past few years. So when I decided to buy a new PCP, I went back to Benjamin after I saw their new craftsman series of Turkish made rifles. I have now returned my second Cayden for a refund. The first had issues that caused it incapable of being zeroed properly. I never quite figured that one out. Well, I returned it for a new one. PA was absolutely great and sent another one out pronto. When it arrived, it was a beautiful rifle like the first. But, when looking closely I noticed that the barrel band looked a bit off center. It looked a little canted to the right. Well, it took about a week before I had time to mount a scope and try it out. Sure enough, elevation was perfect. But it shot so far right........no amount of scope adjustment could ever have compensated. The barrel was slightly bent to the right due to the barrel band being off center.Poor quality control.........two rifles in a row!

I know many have them and love them. I was hoping to be in that group too. After all, the Marauder has been great. But two in a row? I will not go for three......I'm just that unlucky guy I guess.

So while the second Cayden is on its way back to Ohio, it should pass another truck on its way south with a new AirArms S510 on it. I said piss on it, and bought a new AirArms S510 XS Extra FAC Regulated in the Walnut stock and chambered in .22 cal. Thats a mouthful ain't it. But I've always wanted one of those.......Benjamin pushed me right to it. (I don't know about those Turks.....maybe the fact that their currency has collapsed and their economy right along with it does not bode well for companies having their rifles made there at the present)

TR

The AirArms is due to arrive tomorrow.

Back in the day, my 317 was a dream to shoot; It was accurate and the envy of all my friends who all shot Crosman's. This is what got me to buy another Benjamin and started me back with airguns.

However, my purchase, a Benjamin 397, was a great disappointment to me. It shoots mostly to the right, beyond the iron sight adjust-ability. The 15 yard groups are about at 3 1/2 inches or more. I could not find a pellet that shot consistently, not the Benjamins, Crosmans, nor JSBs. had hopes with NSA slugs which were grouping ok for a bit, but then would randomly scatter.

This led me to PCPs, but that's another story. And no, not Benjamin PCPs.