• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Very disapointed with my last batch of JSB Hades.

I was testing the Hades pellets out in my SK-19 and they ended up being fairly accurate, out to seventy-five yards with three quarters to one inch groups, even at higher speeds I was impressed. So I went right out and picked up four more tins on sale Black Friday stuff. Well I opened up a tin and started stuffing them in the magazine and they promptly fell back out! One even jammed the gun a bit but I got it out. Anyway the tightest fitting of the new tin was smaller than the loosest fitting pellet of the last tin. Accuracy suffers as well. I compared the tins and everything looks the same on the outside except the color on the new tins is slightly darker. Hope they shoot better in one of my other gunz cuz otherwise I just wasted my money. Shame on JSB they usually do much better I am unimpressed by the Hades now and will have to find something else to shoot. It's to bad that I used all of my good tin up just testing and tuning.

Edit;

And in the same breath I would like to thank JSB for the screw on lids. They are so much easier to open than the others and they don't come open, and spill their contents everywhere by accident either.

I noticed even in the first batch that came to the states that they are a little undersized from the 18s and the 15.89 domes....my Veteran shoots them fairly well but they really seem to shine in my older LW barreled guns! My FX Thor absolutely loves them and my old AA s410 shoots them very well also. 

I bought 4 tins on preorder and haven't ordered any since. The ones I have do not have screwy lids. I'll have to order a couple more tins to try out the new batch....hope JSB keeps quality in mind over volume but you know how it goes with the high demand sometimes...thing get pushed out the door that are questionable. 

James from Michigan 

I was posting pics of the targets on the first tin but the 3/4 and 1 inch groups on the newest tins had 3 or 4 in the 3/4 to 1 inch group and then one or two made it an 1 1/4 to 2 inches no longer good enough for 75 yards. Testing velocities in the range of 890-1036fps that day. Old pellets did one inch or less at 950 and 995fps add another half an inch to that for the new pellets. I will have to give my barrel a good cleaning, as soon as I figure out how to get it off, and test again before I am positive about this but it does not look promising.

The first batch of .22 were loose in my Prod and Flashpup mags. They all shot well. But if I put full mags in my coat pocket on a hunt, pellets would rattle their way out. I thought that it was because my mags were worn or maybe the return spring needed more tension. But the second batch didn’t have that problem. Hind sight.....I should have measured the size of the first batch.

Both batches of the .25 fit tight in both the Mrod and Flashpup mags. 

I wanted to try the Hades to prevent pass through shots on starlings. Got a tin of 500 and same thing. They were loose in my CRICKET’s magazine. Accuracy is definite not as good as domed 18s. I get some decent groups at 40 and 50, but start to come apart at 60. Also, 1 out of every 6 or 7 shots is a flyer. Really irritated. Why the small head size????

I wanted to try the Hades to prevent pass through shots on starlings. Got a tin of 500 and same thing. They were loose in my CRICKET’s magazine. Accuracy is definite not as good as domed 18s. I get some decent groups at 40 and 50, but start to come apart at 60. Also, 1 out of every 6 or 7 shots is a flyer. Really irritated. Why the small head size????

I suspect it is because the head is supposed to get larger as the front expansion grooves are applied and they were not applied deep enough. This makes the heads undersized and decreases accuracy and expansion.