• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

veradium air response on mercado

Mr. Mercado requested a custom 308 bulldog, We agreed on a price for the work he requested. He said he needed to wait and that was fine with me. I received a used bulldog on the 15th i beleive, I sent n sheet on the 17th, He paid the invoice a week later as he requested on 24th no issues, I never harped about money,, he was given 4 to 8 weeks for the work. Barrell ordered to specs requested as provided by Mr. Mercado for 110g as the standard. Barrel blank arrived 2.5 weeks later verified ok and chambering tool ordered. Valve work and air system, probe redesign changes were setup.. barrel machine work was started. His orginal design was to keep the full length shroud with barrel sticking out front. Initial work was at the 4 week time frame. We still had not received the chambering tool and were informed it could take a few weeks to get it. We informed Mr. Mercado, received the chambering tool on about 7/10, Completed initial chambering and assembly with full shroud. Upon testing accuracy was subpar, grouping was inconsistant. Two issues were found, shroud was not stable, moving scope and barrel alignment, after reslugging barrel found a couple slugs with a lead spur. I informed Mr. Mercado made 2 suggestions, utilize a throating tool on the barrel to eliminate spur. a CF shroud and barrel band much like taurus as this would stabilize the works the cost for that work was 375.00. He agreed, throattooling was ordered to spec and shroud layout work was completed over next 2 weeks. The tooling arrived around 9/12 I kept Mr. Mercado informed of status.. The barrel work was completed and the spur issue was resolved, he was provided with before/after images work. The 110g slugs were engaging as requested, there was no dancing in lead in. The 308 was tested and met power specs, as well accuracy greatly improved at 100yds, initial testing 5 shot groups 1/2" with the updated shroud layout.
IMG_20230930_132415692.jpg
IMG_20230930_132445946.jpg

The safety was suggested to be left, as have tried aluminum before and it can wear the plastic guide in the stock and jam he agreed and was not billed for one. A Mag was converted to take the 308 slugs, but it was determined that they would could quickly fail from the alteration. In regards there was one mag in the box and it was returned. His assertion of the bullets tumbling from the mag or into the lead in is incorrect. I am working on a new mag setup and I informed Mr. Mercado of this and he was provided images of the new mag layout. I am finishing the design of the slug rotation insert. He will be provided a few when completed he was not charged for any mag work nor will he be.. A shot tray was provided to him for the 308.
The rifle was coated in the same black camo that we use on the taurus, the only marks were small nicks in upper rail finish that were there before and yes a touched with a sharpy because oxide pen just rubs off. There was no crappy machining the layout was good. Mr. Mercado has not informed Veradium Air of issues with his 308. in any of the conversations we have had since its return 2 months ago. If he had informed me I would have gladley worked with him as our conversations have always been very cordial. The delays due to tooling taking not the 2 weeks we were given, but 4 to 6 weeks is what contrbuted in delaying the proccess. He is still welcome to contact me.
Regards
Veradium Air