• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Velocity Outdoors: Crosman, CenterPoint Optics, Benjamin, and More

This is a post I will be adding to over the coming weeks created to inform AGN members of the warranty process dealing Velocity Outdoors which is the company you will be dealing with if you call about product issues for Benjamin, Crosman, CenterPoint, and other companies under the Velocity umbrella. 

I recently contacted them about a leak in my Benjamin Bulldog that’s been an issue since I purchased it new in November. Before calling them about the issue I attempted to remedy it myself with guidance from Brian from Veradium Air (great guy to deal with), YouTube, the owner’s manual, and schematics of the rifle found online. With Brian’s help I was able to locate the leak at the fill port assembly. So I emailed Crosman via the “Contact Us” page on their site (I forget the date. Probably the first week of March). On March 10 I was contacted by a woman named Stephanie with Velocity Outdoors. At this point I didn’t know who she was or that Benjamin was affiliated with Velocity Outdoors. So I asked her if she worked for Crosman, but she didn’t respond to my question. She simply proceeded to assist me by ordering replacement parts. I provided the names and part numbers needed from the Bulldog schematic I’d found online. It took a few days to get the order squared away. During that time I looked up Velocity Outdoors and learned that Benjamin was affiliated with them. I was sent an invoice once I submitted the parts and numbers. On the invoice I noticed a part was missing. I brought it to her attention and Stephanie placed another order for it on March 15. I wasn’t charged for any parts, although I was prepared to be because I don’t recall us discussing my warranty or its terms. When she told me the items had shipped I asked, don’t you need my address? She stated that she already had it from the form I filled out when I submitted my initial inquiry. I’d forgotten I’d done that. Today, March 19 the parts arrived via USPS in two bubble mailer envelopes. When I opened them to inspect the replacement parts I could tell that some were used. I wasn’t expecting that, but I just need them to work properly. I’ll post pics later. For those interested, I’ll post about the progress on my repair in this thread 
https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/newb-attempts-minor-modifications-to-benjamin-bulldog-357/page/2/?view=all#post-949457

My assessment of my experience with this particular Velocity Outdoors representative was decent service, but lacking clear communication. Be prepared to ask questions if my experience is reflective of how they’re trained to deal with customers at Velocity. 

I also asked about an issue I’ve been having with a CenterPoint scope. She emailed me a warranty repair form to fill out and mail in with the scope. I also called the 800 warranty number that came with the scope and the answering service was to a Velocity Outdoors office. So you may want to be prepared to expect some of these things when dealing with customer service concerning warranties on the aforementioned brands. 

Realized I hadn’t posted pics of warrantied replacement parts. As you can see in the red circle, the threads on the fill nipple have some sort of sealant or adhesive in them indicating that it is a used part. I don’t mind so long as it’s functional and doesn’t leak.
9876CADA-982C-48C4-89C3-5CB2B02C3290.1617728222.jpeg

Communication was mediocre, but they got the parts to me in a timely fashion. I also was sent a replacement scope after shipping my defective CenterPoint scope back. It took about 2 weeks to ship it back and receive a replacement. The replacement appears to have been slightly used and repackaged. Again, I don’t mind so long as it’s functional.