• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Velocity - an interesting change…

The popularity of suppressed rifles has encouraged more subsonic ammunition choices. I don't think they are exactly competing against air rifles by intent, don't think there is that much crossover, but, they could obviously share some uses. I think that most of the .30 caliber subsonics are shooting 200+ grain bullets, which puts them around 500 fpe at 1,000 fps.

Reactions: 450BM
I cast for everything I own and I play around with cat sneeze loads. I powder coat almost everything too. You'd be surprised at pressures pure lead can take when it's powder coated. Add a little tin and it keeps those beautiful mushrooms from breaking up too.
47947.jpeg

I cast for everything I own and I play around with cat sneeze loads. I powder coat almost everything too. You'd be surprised at pressures pure lead can take when it's powder coated. Add a little tin and it keeps those beautiful mushrooms from breaking up too. View attachment 307184
I cast for most of what own but shoot about 98% cast to jacketed. I powder coat everything and don’t think I’d ever go back to the old sticky/smokey lubes. I’m using pine logs as back stops to collect and re-use all of my lead “someday” and it’s amazing the paint doesn’t come off after firing, even hot loads. What mold are you using for these slugs? They look great, tell me more!

The popularity of suppressed rifles has encouraged more subsonic ammunition choices. I don't think they are exactly competing against air rifles by intent, don't think there is that much crossover, but, they could obviously share some uses. I think that most of the .30 caliber subsonics are shooting 200+ grain bullets, which puts them around 500 fpe at 1,000 fps.
You’re probably right. Many rifles come with threaded barrels these days and some of them it is standard on all of them. I have a really hard time spending a grand on something as simple to make as a suppressor and then spending another $200 just for the “right” to use it. I hope they don’t start legislating air rifles and maybe ammo like this will keep their focus on the powder burners.

I linked the mold beneath the image. The slugs are powder coated with Eastwood squirrel gray. I even powder coat my cast pellets. :ROFLMAO:View attachment 307202

Nice! I don’t have any NOE molds but it looks like I may be buying one… :) I’ve only used Eastwood powder and have no reason to switch. Ford light blue, periwinkle gray and gloss black. Gloss black doesn’t work well by itself so I mix it with the other two. When it’s gone I won’t buy it again.

Nice! I don’t have any NOE molds but it looks like I may be buying one… :) I’ve only used Eastwood powder and have no reason to switch. Ford light blue, periwinkle gray and gloss black. Gloss black doesn’t work well by itself so I mix it with the other two. When it’s gone I won’t buy it again.
NOE really caters to airgunners. I have it on good authority that he is planning to start making swaging dies too. I'm $40 away from being in the NOE $1000 club. 🤣

I've had the same results with gloss black. I stick with polyester tgic powders for best results.

674B4D40-4247-4778-BEDA-09167A3DCF95.jpeg

My latest project... Lee C358-200-RF in 350 Legend, IMR 4227 and small pistol primers. This would actually be a great gun to have a suppressor on, CVA Cascade and the barrel is threaded. I shoot this gun A LOT! The loads in back are using a 127gr 9mm bullet sized to .358 with Alliant BE-86 or Unique. Deer hunting load and plinking load.

Of course I’m not shooting any of my powder burners as much now that I have an Impact in 25 caliber.

NOE really caters to airgunners. I have it on good authority that he is planning to start making swaging dies too. I'm $40 away from being in the NOE $1000 club. 🤣

I've had the same results with gloss black. I stick with polyester tgic powders for best results.
You should get on artfullbullet.com. Full of guys just like us and a really good bunch!

My PBs have been gathering dust for almost 2 years. It's so much easier to shoot airguns here at home and not have to drive to the club. I can shoot PBs at home but I have to be careful and shoot into a good backstop. I'm also limited to about 70 yards when I do.
My shooting bench for loud stuff is about 15 minutes aways but it’s mine and I can shoot up to 500 yards. At home I can shoot to 80 yards and setup a benchtop in my woodshop shooting out a window. I keep it heated and can shoot all winter long in comfort! It’s 25 degrees right now and windy. I’ll shoot in cold weather but not as much…

I cast for everything I own and I play around with cat sneeze loads. I powder coat almost everything too. You'd be surprised at pressures pure lead can take when it's powder coated. Add a little tin and it keeps those beautiful mushrooms from breaking up too. View attachment 307184
What are you shooting these out of and was it difficult to get them shooting well?

My shooting bench for loud stuff is about 15 minutes aways but it’s mine and I can shoot up to 500 yards. At home I can shoot to 80 yards and setup a benchtop in my woodshop shooting out a window. I keep it heated and can shoot all winter long in comfort! It’s 25 degrees right now and windy. I’ll shoot in cold weather but not as much…
We don't get that much cold weather here in middle Georgia. Summers are the worst for shooting. My club has 500 yards too. It's about a 15 minute drive and is usually deserted during the week. Weekends are the only busy time.

What are you shooting these out of and was it difficult to get them shooting well?
My .25 Flashpup shoots them well. My .25 Stormrider is a little underpowered for them but it doesn't do bad either.

I pressure pour all my airgun pellets and slugs with this. It's the best way to get good fill out and consistent results. I learned the technique from a guy named Wayne on another forum.