• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vector Veyron 4-16x44mm FFP Now With an Illuminated Reticle for $265

First saw this Vector Veyron 4-16x44 FFP IR a week or two ago and @EdGunWest is the only place I’ve found them for sale. $265 plus tax & shipping gets it. Weighing in at 18.7 oz and 10.6” long makes for a great little compact scope for small bullpups and carbines. Also has a 30mm tube and an MRAD reticle and turrets. It focuses down to 10 yards on the parallax knob. https://www.edgunwest.com/Store/All/Item/vector-veyron-4-16x44-ir/

I’ve bagged a about a couple dozen animals this hunting season with its little brother, the Vector Veyron 3-12x44mm, atop a Lelya 2.0, so I anticipate that this scope will perform similarly. From review videos and photos on the site the reticle looks a little different with the graduated holdover dots in addition the the illumination which is a big plus. My only concern is if the IR knob will interfere with adjusting the parallax knob without using a parallax wheel while hunting. If you’re already using the IR version let us know how it’s working for you

I have the 6-24 FFP IR Veyron. So far, it seems like a lot of scope for the money. The only issue I've had is that the reticle is unusable below about 9 power in the FFP version - it's just too small to see. However, I can still use the red dot at the lowest power with the IR turned on. Only drawback is that the red dot in the center isn't sharp until the reticle is visible too. 

The parallax nob is pretty stiff. On mine, I can turn on IR without moving the parallax.

-- Dikran

Now you have got me thinking about trying one of these out. I like the idea of FFP, lightweight and an IR.

We have been fortunate to have a good selection of light FFP scopes available. IR is a little hard to come buy, though:

Discovery HD 3-12x44 FFP

Without IR | but FFP and Light:

US Optics TS-12X 3-12x44 FFP (basically same glass as the Discovery VT-3 and the Vector Veyron, better turrets and better warranty)

Discovery VT-3 3-12x44 FFP

Discovery VT-3 4-16x44 FFP

Discovery HS 4-14x44 FFP

Without IR and without thick ouside posts in the reticle to make the crosshairs visible when on low magnification | but FFP and Light:

Vector Veyron 6-24x44 FFP

Vector Veyron 4-16x44 FFP

Vector Veyron 3-12x44 FFP

And there is a good amount of light SFPs out there as well...

Matthias 😊

I have the 6-24 FFP IR Veyron. So far, it seems like a lot of scope for the money. The only issue I've had is that the reticle is unusable below about 9 power in the FFP version - it's just too small to see. However, I can still use the red dot at the lowest power with the IR turned on. Only drawback is that the red dot in the center isn't sharp until the reticle is visible too. 

The parallax nob is pretty stiff. On mine, I can turn on IR without moving the parallax.

-- Dikran

That's why I bought the SFP version. The internet has everyone convinced they need a first focal plane scope, when the reality is most do not. I like having the reticle the same size thru the magnifications. I don't use the reticle to rangefinder and if I did, I would just make sure I was dialed to mag magnification to keep the graduations true.

Amazon is a Vector dealer according to the Vector web site and I scored a 3x-12x by 44 in SFP for $179 . Will be here next Monday.

If you have to debate if you need a FFP or not, the answer is you do not.

I know what you’re saying, but I use it to practice quick hold overs and wind calls. I shoot ffp on pretty much everything else and having to set a certain magnification before your dope works on sfp is a royal pain. And there are a lot of times I want to hold over or hold for wind on lower magnification.

Sfp is fine when you’re shooting point blank range or have time and desire to dial elevation and windage. Ffp is just more versatile for me. 

First saw this Vector Veyron 4-16x44 FFP IR a week or two ago and @EdGunWest is the only place I’ve found them for sale. $265 plus tax & shipping gets it. Weighing in at 18.7 oz and 10.6” long makes for a great little compact scope for small bullpups and carbines. Also has a 30mm tube and an MRAD reticle and turrets. It focuses down to 10 yards on the parallax knob. https://www.edgunwest.com/Store/All/Item/vector-veyron-4-16x44-ir/

I’ve bagged a about a couple dozen animals this hunting season with its little brother, the Vector Veyron 3-12x44mm, atop a Lelya 2.0, so I anticipate that this scope will perform similarly. From review videos and photos on the site the reticle looks a little different with the graduated holdover dots in addition the the illumination which is a big plus. My only concern is if the IR knob will interfere with adjusting the parallax knob without using a parallax wheel while hunting. If you’re already using the IR version let us know how it’s working for you
The price is similar to anywhere else except he charges $27.54 for shipping that's absurd

The price is similar to anywhere else except he charges $27.54 for shipping that's absurd
@Microgun If the price is truly similar to anywhere else, by all means post a link of this exact same product for a lesser price. I believe that would be a service to the airgun community. I agree, his shipping price is high.

@Microgun If the price is truly similar to anywhere else, by all means post a link of this exact same product for a lesser price. I believe that would be a service to the airgun community. I agree, his shipping price is high.
Here ya go. 259 and free shipping. LOL. Does not look like that scope is worth that money anyway. LOL And $27 for shipping edgun is not doing a service to the airgun community :(

Here is one of the reviews on amazon

"Only good look from out side, but in side, blurry , you can't see the the thin (small ) cross line. wasted the money and regret . it took me month to looking and decide to buy a compact scope that I dream for and took me long times to save money to buy my gift for myself . This is my sadness of year 2020. Made the wrong decision. not recommend for this junk.....If you return it cost you shipping and restocking fee that you still regret."

I know you got to take amazon reviews with a grain of salt but just looks like another overpriced scope to me. I would rather have a good old proven UTG.

:)

Last edited:
Here ya go. 259 and free shipping. LOL. Does not look like that scope is worth that money anyway. LOL And $27 for shipping edgun is not doing a service to the airgun community :(

Here is one of the reviews on amazon

"Only good look from out side, but in side, blurry , you can't see the the thin (small ) cross line. wasted the money and regret . it took me month to looking and decide to buy a compact scope that I dream for and took me long times to save money to buy my gift for myself . This is my sadness of year 2020. Made the wrong decision. not recommend for this junk.....If you return it cost you shipping and restocking fee that you still regret."

I know you got to take amazon reviews with a grain of salt but just looks like another overpriced scope to me. I would rather have a good old proven UTG.

:)

@kendive What you linked is essentially a $200 scope in my opinion and is not the scope I posted. I have a couple of the 3x12x44mm of that scope. They work well and I like them a lot. Other members on the forums have attested similar experiences. Furthermore, I purchased one of his scopes and I will be the judge of the quality and whether it suits my purposes.

It’s understandable if you see little or no value in a product, as we all have different needs and preferences, but it’s a stretch to speak for an entire community. I read reviews before purchasing, but I am more inclined to see what airgunners have to say about a product that I intend to use on an airgun. Again, I agree that the shipping cost is high from EDgun West. That certainly detracts from bargain pricing, but considering that he is one of the only vendors of that model that I have found, the only alternatives are to purchase a comparable product of another brand. Again, I like the 3-12x44m model of this scope and I hope that it is comparable when I get around to testing it. If you have alternative suggestions for comparable products please post links. I think that would be helpful.

• Haha
Reactions: kendive
Give Optics Warehouse a try. I have purchased Vector from them just recently.

ThomasT
@ThomasT I looked briefly at the site you linked a moment ago and didn’t see it, but about 5 pages came up in my search results. I’ll look more closely later when I have more time. Thank you.

Reactions: ThomasT
@ThomasT I was unable to find the same model Veyron scope I’m looking for on that site, BUT I did see this little compact 3-9x32 SFP Vector Ceratto scope. It has an illuminated mildot reticle and it’s around 8” in length. Dunno how much it weighs but it looks light and focuses down to 3 yards! https://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/v...t-ao-3yards-rifle-scope-with-free-scope-rings
Hello agan @Ezana4CE

That is a really nice looking scope, now I just have to find a need for it so I will have a good excuse to buy one.

ThomasT

Hello agan @Ezana4CE

That is a really nice looking scope, now I just have to find a need for it so I will have a good excuse to buy one.

ThomasT
@ThomasT It does look like a decent scope to try out on a compact bullpup or carbine/pistol for a close to mid-range setup. @Vetmx says it looks like it came from the BugBuster factory. I was kind of thinking that myself looking at the photos, but I have not owned a BugBuster scope to know for sure. The price is right to test the scope. Let us know what you think if you do.

@ThomasT It does look like a decent scope to try out on a compact bullpup or carbine/pistol for a close to mid-range setup. @Vetmx says it looks like it came from the BugBuster factory. I was kind of thinking that myself looking at the photos, but I have not owned a BugBuster scope to know for sure. The price is right to test the scope. Let us know what you think if you do.
Hey again @Ezana4CE

Just placed an order for one and will let you know about it after it arrives.

ThomasT

Reactions: Ezana4CE
I finally took time to set the Vector Veyron 4-16x44m FFP IR on top of the Vector Veyron 3-12x44mm FFP non-IR and their lengths are very close if not identical. This is what I was hoping for. After I take some time to mount it I’ll be able to compare the weight and balance between the two models.

1C798577-3F1B-48E1-ADB4-B9D89F001F62.jpeg

Here is how the specs stack up against one another. The difference in the field of view is remarkable.

79E7BDD2-EFAD-43AC-ACCA-72A1EAB15E56.jpeg

Notice the difference between the reticle styles other than the 4-16x having an illuminated reticle.
30E6247D-4770-4E89-8D0B-930A07F8BEAD.jpeg

Last edited: