Vector Veyron 3-12x FFP non-IR Scope @ DVOR $125

I have picked up one of these veyron scopes ( 6 - 24 ) to try out as my first FFP scope, it should arrive Tuesday.

The cross hairs do seem a bit thin, but as i am a high magnification shooter and not a hunter i think i will be just fine, and it is a whole lot shorter and lighter than my old hawke scope.

Not that i do much lugging around of a gun or off hand shooting, just felt like on a maverick even one with a 600 mm barrel a smaller scope was needed.

125 USD,,,,, thats a bit cheaper than i got mine i must say,,,, a whole lot actually.

The Discovery version of this scope is the VT-3 3-12x44 FFP (also in SFP).

Pricing similar.

BUT: The Discovery reticle has thick outside posts that guide the eyes toward the crosshair intersection when on low magnification. 👍🏼

US Optics has the same scope (with thick reticle posts) and better turrets and better warranty — for a whole lot of more money.

Matthias

The Discovery version of this scope is the VT-3 3-12x44 FFP (also in SFP).

Pricing similar.

BUT: The Discovery reticle has thick outside posts that guide the eyes toward the crosshair intersection when on low magnification.
1f44d-1f3fc.svg

US Optics has the same scope (with thick reticle posts) and better turrets and better warranty — for a whole lot of more money.

Matthias

Discovery HD 3-12 is basically same scope with slightly better glass and illuminated reticle! That’s actually batter than US optics scope with additional IR feature for less than 1/2 the price.

Where was this information last year sirs?

Discovery HD 3-12 is basically same scope with slightly better glass and illuminated reticle! That’s actually batter than US optics scope with additional IR feature for less than 1/2 the price.

I have been trying to find one of these for quite some time. Do you know of anywhere to purchase without paying an inflated price and waiting months to receive it?

I have been trying to find one of these for quite some time. Do you know of anywhere to purchase without paying an inflated price and waiting months to receive it?

Not sure if they have that particular scope, but I’ve learned that Airgun Optics Plus is an online distributor for the Discovery brand. Looks like delivery times vary. https://airgunopticsplus.com/collections/scopes?page=2 

A couple of these have the Alpha 6 styled reticles. 

Discovery VT-3 FFP

188$ (that's where I bought mine — the store owner Wes, active on GTA, is great, I have full trust there)

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/discovery-vt-3-3-12x44-sf-ffp-first-focal-plane-rifle-scope-on-sale/

Make sure you switch your webpage to US dollars. Shipping is quick.

Discovery VT-3 SFP

152$

https://airgunarcheryfun.ca/discovery-vt-3-3-12x44-sf-sfp-second-focal-plane-rifle-scope/

Happy scope shopping!
1f60a.svg

Matthias

I am wanting the HD series with illumination, the VT-3 doesn’t have it. I have checked with them and Airguns Optics Plus and neither one stock the scope.

I finally had a chance to run the Vector Veyron, however I decided to put it on a .308 Ruger American an buddy gave me that I threw a couple of upgrades at. The Veyron is linked to the rifle via a 20 MOA Picatinny rail.

Glass clarity: For reference, I shot during mid-day and went into early evening when the sun was starting to set.

• For a $150ish scope the glass was outstanding with great resolution! I shot from 45 yards to 525 yards, and image was clear enough that I didn't find myself wishing I had more magnification.
  • The glass distorts a bit at the edges of the field of view at 12 power, however the target zone remains crisp.
  • I can report never once thinking the image was too dark.
  • I was able to identify a small brown rabbit eating grass at 350 yards at around 7 to 8 power with no issues on the 525 yard range - I think that speaks for itself
  • I used the Kill Flash shade on my scope the entire time - didn't notice it once. Thumbs up.

Reticle

• I was afraid that the lines in the reticle were going to be too fine, when randomly glassing things when I first got the scope, however in practice on the gun they weren't an issue at all. In fact I really liked how thin and sharp the reticle was when I was behind the gun - even at 525 yards
  • I verified the reticle hold over marks were correct by identifying the come-ups on the turrets, and going back to re-fire at the target using hold-over values - the scope passed this test for multiple target hold-ever scenarios
    • For example:
      • 200 yards - UP 2 mils on the turret
      • 300 yards - UP 3.5 mils on the turret
      • Shoot at 300 yard target by dialing 2 mils on the turret, and holding over the additional 1.5 mils
  • Wind was very light when I was shooting, so I could not provide any meaningful input on windage reticle marks
  • Do I miss not having an illuminated reticle? Meh... not really. I am used to having an illuminated reticle of some sort, but it isn't a show-stopper at all. Honestly I find it really nice having a optic that does not need a battery!
  • All the above said, my shooting was on a mostly on an open, sunlit shooting range. For fairness' sake, things might change when I take this scope into the woods. That non-illuminated super-fine reticle might become an issues if I don't have a way to splash some light on the target... perhaps...

Turrets/Controls: They work well and seem to be accurate

• The rifle was WAAAAYYY out of zero. Fortunately the amount of adjustment in the scope helped me quickly find a good zero.
  • The resettable turret feature is beyond easy to use
  • Turret feel is not Kahles or Nightforce crisp, however they very nice and you can feel/hear the turrets
  • The Diopter moves in and out of focus very quickly, and never moved on me after I set it. What more needs to be said?
  • Paralax adjustment: the numbers don't line up with where I thought they would, but they still correspond to to the range they are set to. I was able to adjust down to roughly 7 yards even though the min adjustment reported is 10 yards. Ultra close in shots will not be a problem. Driving paralax out was a breeze, and that control turret did not shift under recoil

Physical: It's a small format and good looking scope. 

• It feels well put together for the most part, however the front flip cap did fall off under recoil during 85 rounds of .308. To be fair the flip caps are removeable... so I guess the cap was just doing what it was designed to do, HAHA!
  • The rear flip cap doesn't mount 100% flush with scope, it's at a slight angle, but nothing to kick it out of bed for
  • Mounts:
    • The included scope rings are okay, but they are Weaver format. I would have like a Picatinny format since that is what my rail is. That said the gun-to-mount interface did not move at all, so that's good. 
    • The scope, on the other hand did move a bit under recoil. Obviously my, "stab in the dark," torque value of 20 in/lb wasn't enough. It would have been nice to have some sort of torque value on single piece of paper that counts for the manual. All it basically says is don't over-torque the scope, or you'll risk damaging it. Lame.
    • Ultimately I will need to find better two-piece Pic. mounts than what was supplied with the scope - but in the mean time I'll reset the position of the scope. 
  •  One piece scope mounts will likely not fit due to the limited real-estate on the 30 mm main tube. I tried one of Vector's own one-piece mount, and it was a no-go.
  • The scope is light, and I am very much a fan of that!
  • It held up to .308 with zero issues (other than a flip cap that wanted to be free). I strongly suspect it will have ZERO issues with any PCP you are planning to use it on

Overall I think The Vector 3-12x44 Veyron is an excellent 7 to 600ish yard scope. The only cons I can say for certain is that it will need better rings, and maybe, maybe, some better flip caps.

Upgraded Ruger American and Vector Veyron 1 .1630947624.jpg
Upgraded Ruger American and Vector Veyron 2.1630947628.jpg

Reactions: JungleShooter