• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vector Taurus vs. Athlon Argos vs Bushnell Nitro

Skeeter41.

For FWIW, I bought a Bushnell Engauge 2.5x10x44 and was so impressed with the smooth turrets and clear glass I bought another one in 4x16x44 for the 100yd shots, was equally impressed with the second. I got them both for fantastic deals on the web. After a few months I found a supper great deal on the Nitro line and for the price and a few features, thought it was a nice upgrade, bought the 4x16x44. I was very disappointed in the feel of the turrets, rough and mushy. I sent it back to get a replacement and they were out of them by then.

These are all SFP, just what I like.

I went to Cabela's and saw one there and asked to look at it and it had the same rough feel to it. I felt the quality and construction of the Engauge was far better for way less money. I then came across another great deal on the web for the Bushnell Forge line running at less than 1/2 the online optic houses prices of $850-899. I ordered the 2.5x15x50 for $375 shipped.

This scope is on a whole other level of quality and optics. The turrets are incredible and I got a free upgraded elevation turret from Kenton Ind.custom made for my .25 shooting JSB 34g out to 175yds, and the glass in full sunlight shooting white targets is so clear and bright it is literally blinding.😎

For me, Bushnell missed the mark on the Nitro.

Good luck.

The Helos is basically an Argos BTR but with locking turrets/LT. As much as I prefer LT I never bought the Helos 6-24 because of the price difference but I do understand that others would choose this feature out of preference.

That being said, the Midas TAC series is made by a different factory than the Talos, Argos, and Helos, and this factory makes superior optics. So in this case you do get a better scope. BUT I get it and agree, not always does a guy get a better scope just because he pays more money, though if a guy is enlightened by knowledge he can beat the odds.

Another difference is the illumination knob is on the side focus turret on the Helos and on the Ocular on the Argos gen. 1 I went with the Helos for those two differences the third being the APLR2 MOA reticle. Which is now available on the Argos gen. 2

Skeeter41.

For FWIW, I bought a Bushnell Engauge 2.5x10x44 and was so impressed with the smooth turrets and clear glass I bought another one in 4x16x44 for the 100yd shots, was equally impressed with the second. I got them both for fantastic deals on the web. After a few months I found a supper great deal on the Nitro line and for the price and a few features, thought it was a nice upgrade, bought the 4x16x44. I was very disappointed in the feel of the turrets, rough and mushy. I sent it back to get a replacement and they were out of them by then.

These are all SFP, just what I like.

I went to Cabela's and saw one there and asked to look at it and it had the same rough feel to it. I felt the quality and construction of the Engauge was far better for way less money. I then came across another great deal on the web for the Bushnell Forge line running at less than 1/2 the online optic houses prices of $850-899. I ordered the 2.5x15x50 for $375 shipped.

This scope is on a whole other level of quality and optics. The turrets are incredible and I got a free upgraded elevation turret from Kenton Ind.custom made for my .25 shooting JSB 34g out to 175yds, and the glass in full sunlight shooting white targets is so clear and bright it is literally blinding.
1f60e.svg

For me, Bushnell missed the mark on the Nitro.

Good luck.

What is the country of mfg for that Bushnell Forge? I know the Engage is China and the Nitro is Korea and the top of the line Forge??? I haven't had the opportunity to try a Forge as of yet. Yo!