• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vector Optics Veyron 3-12x44mm SFP (SCOM-24) for $136

Personally I really like these scopes on my short & light squirreling guns (used ~60 yards and in). I actually prefer them to the FFP model as clicking is more what I am used to doing. You can buy these scopes today on Amazon for $179 from a seller who generally has China prices and China shipping times.

I don't much like Optics Planet (especially with all of their DVOR cr@p) , but in general the last few times I have ordered from them they have delivered as promised.

They currently show the Veyron in their eBay store for $143.20 shipped. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353685711440?

I put in an offer of $136 to purchase 2. The offer was accepted and the units have shipped (well, the UPS shipping label has been created anyway...).

YMMV but I felt this was a very reasonable price for this scope, brand new and in the open market without having to belong to any 'buying club' or anything else.

That's pretty subjective, but I can give you my best guesstimate: It is equivalent to just under 10x on the FFP.

IMG_2140B.1633362046.jpg

I find the thickness of the reticle to be no issues in my squirrel hunting applications. It is fine enough where I can still cleanly aim for an eye shot, and it is not so fine that it disappears in the brushy background.

How thick is the reticle compared to the FFP version? Like is it about the same as the FFP on 10x, or what?

I have the FFP version. It's on an indoor plinker. That's about all I can use it for.

The 2nd focal plane scope has a very thin reticle and it is not adjustable like the FFP scope so just a plain no go for me. The FFP on the other hand focuses down to 10 yards at it's full 12 power so the reticle is way thicker, on an FFP, at the higher powers so it is fine for me and I use it on one of my pistols.

Edit;

OK I am full of crap! ;^) Tried just using my memory and that didn't werq out so well for me.

I got the SFP focal plane scope out and compared it to the FFP it is not as bad as I was thinking. The SFP reticle is like the FFP on 10 or 12 power so acceptable. The FFP reticle is totally unacceptable at anything less than 8 or 10 on the power wheel.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vector-optics-veyron-3-12x44mm-rifle-scope.html