• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vector Optics, very few downwards elevation room?

Anti clockwise is up elevation on the turret. Having that problem is usually a gun problem rather than a scope problem as many/most guns have the dreaded barrel droop and so require the rings YO suggests or a 20 MOA riser. The UTG riser is less than $20 and will fix that problem as will the other rings at $60+. Some scopes do have more elevation built in but using it a close range means you will likely run out at longer ranges.

Another (graphic warning!) cringeworthy (for most) but highly effective way to solve your issue without having to spend any money is to bend your barrel up which is what the most well respected and highly trusted well known best airgun tuner in the world does for his loyal accuracy affectionado minded customers regularly. Yo!

You probably need adjustable mounts from FX or Eagle vision

Normally one can find cheap Chinese knock-offs for such things, but can't find anything on Ali. Anyone?

Lookup ohhunt on eBay. There's a 30mm/1" dual use Sportsmatch AOP55 ($52.87-$57.99)1 pc adjustable knockoff for $14.24+$3.99 shipping as one example you can search that brand on eBay to see other options. 

🔶 rwsmike,

some people are dialers, others a hold-over'ers.... 😄 Some combine the two depending on the shooting situation....

For target shooting at 10y I would certainly want to dial the turrets instead of holding over....

🔶 Harold999,

there are a few factors that cause your scope to run out of elevation adjustment at very close range:

▪A bent barrel

➔ And yes, as Yo said, carefully bending it back is an option, instructions can surely be found, I remember one on GTA. 

▪A scope mounted very high above the barrel (high rail to begin with [many bullpups], high rings)

➔ Solution: Lower scope mounts, or a rail with cant, or adjustable rings. If you shoot an RTI you probably don't want to skimp on the adjustable rings....

➔ Find below a Scope Mounting Table (as PDF) with most options: brands, prices, mounting height, total elevation adjustment, etc. 😊

Matthias

❌ Attachment: Scope Mounting Table (PDF)

download.png
View attachment 1589128069_2881887345eb82b85543d90.15970982.pdf

HOWEVER! I see you got an RTI PRIEST? SO I think $60-$80.00 GENUINE original adjustable scope rings shouldnt be any issue for you? I like the Eagle Vision with the Pic rails on top for the ability to add a laser or holo sight above the scope for quickie point and shoot situations. Yo!

You probably need adjustable mounts from FX or Eagle vision

Normally one can find cheap Chinese knock-offs for such things, but can't find anything on Ali. Anyone?

Lookup ohhunt on eBay. There's a 30mm/1" dual use Sportsmatch AOP55 ($52.87-$57.99)1 pc adjustable knockoff for $14.24+$3.99 shipping as one example you can search that brand on eBay to see other options.

Found this one:

https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33048798972.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.45097fbdXo4CXQ&algo_pvid=cacfbe55-32a9-4f82-8958-c367abf07b6e&algo_expid=cacfbe55-32a9-4f82-8958-c367abf07b6e-3&btsid=0b0a050b15891416350238100e3af9&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0