• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Vector Optics Sagittarius 10-40X 56 First Focal Plane (FFP) Scope-Mini review

Anyone have this scope? I've been searching for reviews but most are not as detailed as I would like. It's been around for a few years, I saw one post from 2011. The prices seem to be all over the the place with a low of $231 to a high of mid $500. I pulled the trigger on it so I will know soon enough.

I decided to mount this on my Hatsan AT44 25 cal since my 30 cal is still being worked on. First the reticle is an etched glass with hash marks instead of dots. It's very thin and does not obscure the image at all. It takes a little getting used to because it's so thin it almost seems that it's not in focus. I've used the scope in good lighting and dusk and it's very clear in both scenarios. I'm changing my first impression of the clarity at 40X. It's very clear at this zoom level. So far it seems to hold zero very well and the turrets turn with very clear clicks. I shot targets at 35, 50 and 75 yards and the FFP function works very good. I found it best to set focus at higher magnification and turn down. At first I thought when going up in magnification the target seemed to go out of focus, but discovered it was not the case. When I set the focus at high magnification and zoomed down it was still very crisp. All in all a great scope. I like it so much I bought the 8-32X56 FFP scope also.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LWRHZMG?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=od_aui_detailpages00

Reticle: Not my picture but one I pulled from the web

I haven't had a chance to mount it yet. I bought it to go on my 30 cal and it's having some tuning done to it at the moment. But here are my first impressions: It seems to be built like a tank. It weighs over 2 lbs and very solid. I looked through it and the picture seem very bright and clear even at 32X. At 40X it seems a little hazy but not very foggy by any means. I will do a more in-dept review after I mount it and have a chance to do some shooting with it mounted. 

I'm looking forward to the more in-depth review of the Vector. Out of curiosity what made you decide on the Vector vs the Primary Arms 4-14 FFP (which seems to have some really solid reviews...http://amzn.com/B00L5IL5X2 )?

I've been wanting to try a FFP on my AT44 for a while and have been eyeing the Primary Arms for a few months (while saving up my "fun money"). Based on what you find with the Vector I may have a new decision to make.

I wasn't really worried about high end scopes at first. I figured at most i would be shooting out to 200 yards and in good light. So as long as the scope held zero I didn't need a fancy scope that's normally used to reach out to 1000 yards or more. But since I started using FFP scopes it just makes things a lot more enjoyable. I will probably get at least one more and mount it on my 25 cal Sumatra since I use it for long range shooting also.