varmint control at property NOT your own

Probably- not!! He doesn’t work as he chooses not to, a Big Mac is considered a prime rib dinner to him, and the few $$ left over after fuel and a Big Mac goes to weed.

im pretty positive he doesn’t belong to a forum.

ive seen his type before. He’ll complain he’s being ripped off when he doesn’t get social security, as he’s never put into it(handy man work for cash all his life)

There are probably a few shooters that rather than get paid to shoot at a pest infested dairy might actually offer to pay a small token to shoot for a day. I'm always reading post about those that only have a small back yard to shoot in or have to go to a public range and would love to find a place to spend a day enjoying the outdoors. I'm fortunate enough to have a huge dairy about 3 miles from the house that I can pest at anytime I want. I still give him a call or text each time to make sure everything is cool.

jking

As long as you remember first and foremost that it is a privilege to be allowed to shoot on someone's property. The landowner is trusting you not to violate that trust. They are going on the big assumption (initially) that you won't be damaging equipment or putting holes in their roof, or wounding livestock. The payment from the landowner to me or you? Is privilege to use their land.

Craigslist...duh.

I would charge money. Get a night vision scope for ratting. Some people may have a legitimate rat problem. You could cull it down in a few nights.

$100 per night. 10+ kill guarantee. If they have a rat problem..you will shoot alot more than that. 

You have to wait till the rat stops moving, then head shots only.

It’s illegal to receive compensation for hunting invasive species in Colorado. Could be illegal in others states too. Know the laws in your state. Ignorance of the law doesn’t make you exempt from the law. 

My journey started out like this. I met someone 8 years ago who was renting on a farm and he happened to have a couple of break barrels. I put in hours and hours of target shooting on the property and before long we were shooting starlings on the farm with the blessing of the land owner. Then one thing lead to another, the farmer told the neighbouring dairy farm about us and that was how the door was opened. I visited the farm regularly and made sure I was only taking shots that were safe and within my capability. As I began to acquire better and more expensive airguns and with endless hours of practicing and tons of lead flying downrange, I pushed my range further and further with consistent accuracy out to 100 yards. If you can hit the target safely and consistently, then you are not ready to shoot at someone's property.

I often text the farmer before coming over as a courtesy and if the farm was too busy that morning, I would not stay and shoot. Over the years I have gained the trust from the farmer(s), showing my capability and responsibility; now I don't need to give them the heads up anymore. They just told me to come and blast those starlings as often as I like.

So thru word of mouth, I now have 6 locations to shoot. This is becoming a bit more difficult as I have limited time with my weekends and I can only visit farms that are in need of pest control. But at least I have options to go shoot starlings, rats or coyotes.

All these are done "free of charge" as like others said, it is a privilege to be able to shoot airguns at someone's property. So the idea of charging for your "service" is really not the right way to go about this. Beside once money got exchanged, there is both risks and expectation that come with it. It wouldn't be fun anymore.