Valve on my Omega getting hard to turn.

I’m familiar with a lot of scuba valves but they look different than most scba valves we see in airguns. I want to say they are probably pretty similar internally but I don’t know that for sure. Can you podt a pic of your valve ?
In scuba valves there’s a main seal and then there’s a teflon seal that seals the shaft portion of the valve that rotated with the knob. We used to see that teflon seal sometimes oozing out of the bonnet nut and would make the valve opem harder.

17126719138662021376458156719528.jpg

Any ideas on how to get off the knob? Thread through the bleed valve?
What is the thread size of the complete valve unit into the tank, just incase i decide to get a new unit?
17126720481147125241332260344735.jpg

You might want to try this before you take it apart. Hit the hobby store and pick up some RC car silicone shock oil. Make sure it's 100% silicone and I would suggest the 20 weight. I've used it on some hawk scopes that have unbelievably tough to turn illumination adjustments. Has worked wonderful. Easier than taking her to part and if it doesn't work you're only out a few bucks. Plus you don't have to drain your tank

Reactions: grackleblast
Attached is a picture of the typical sealing components of a scuba and SCBA valve.
Item 11 in the photo is the piece that actually connects to the high pressure plug (not shown).
I occasionally saw customer tanks that the knob was difficult to turn because item 9, a teflon gasket was starting to extrude along the shaft of item 11 and out the whole in the bonnet nut (item 7).
Typically when that occurred we usually installed a valve rebuild kit which included all gaskets and sometimes item 11. Why does that happen? Good question. Sometimes it’s clearances or maybe someone turns the air on very quickly and air slams item 9 and eventually starts to extrude around the shaft and the gap in the bonnet nut.
Sometimes you can get away with just cleaning the parts and turning the teflon washer over but it’s a crapshoot, better off using a new one.
No lubrication on the teflon washer/s is necessary as teflon is, well you know, teflon. There is sometimes either an O ring or copper crush washer (item 8) that is also a HP seal and normally are not re-used as they have taken a set from assembly torque. That’s why a rebuild kit is usually the best course of action. I have gotten by without a complete rebuild in emergencies but it’s like when you take your car in for a brake job, they replace some parts that are fine but in the long run it’s a good idea (for the auto shop) because if anything goes wrong an unhappy customer comes back and it has to be fixed on the shops dime, not to mention possible safety concerns.
There are multiple sealing methods for that portion of HP valves that use teflon and O rings or just teflon, you’ll know what you have when you get it apart or can confirm with the manufacturer or vendor where it came from.
Note: With some designs it is possible to disassemble the bonnet section of the valve with pressure still in the tank but it is highly discouraged unless you know the exact design of your valve. It is always better to release and verify all air is exhausted.

68F954EE-2569-41E7-B22F-645D148987A4.jpeg

Reactions: Humdinger
Attached is a picture of the typical sealing components of a scuba and SCBA valve.
Item 11 in the photo is the piece that actually connects to the high pressure plug (not shown).
I occasionally saw customer tanks that the knob was difficult to turn because item 9, a teflon gasket was starting to extrude along the shaft of item 11 and out the whole in the bonnet nut (item 7).
Typically when that occurred we usually installed a valve rebuild kit which included all gaskets and sometimes item 11. Why does that happen? Good question. Sometimes it’s clearances or maybe someone turns the air on very quickly and air slams item 9 and eventually starts to extrude around the shaft and the gap in the bonnet nut.
Sometimes you can get away with just cleaning the parts and turning the teflon washer over but it’s a crapshoot, better off using a new one.
No lubrication on the teflon washer/s is necessary as teflon is, well you know, teflon. There is sometimes either an O ring or copper crush washer (item 8) that is also a HP seal and normally are not re-used as they have taken a set from assembly torque. That’s why a rebuild kit is usually the best course of action. I have gotten by without a complete rebuild in emergencies but it’s like when you take your car in for a brake job, they replace some parts that are fine but in the long run it’s a good idea (for the auto shop) because if anything goes wrong an unhappy customer comes back and it has to be fixed on the shops dime, not to mention possible safety concerns.
There are multiple sealing methods for that portion of HP valves that use teflon and O rings or just teflon, you’ll know what you have when you get it apart or can confirm with the manufacturer or vendor where it came from.
Note: With some designs it is possible to disassemble the bonnet section of the valve with pressure still in the tank but it is highly discouraged unless you know the exact design of your valve. It is always better to release and verify all air is
Any ideas where I could find a rebuild kit , dive shops?
As I turn the knob , the valve is leaking, so a mandatory rebuild is in order.

good luck, you may find parts for it but doubt it .. those valves on tanks like that tend to be proprietary, and enough searching can probably find you one on ali express for 25 bucks ... thats how cheap they are in my experience, and the design doesnt lend itself to easy smooth operation for hpa .. my 2 cents .. i got a dead one in the bottom of a drawer and good riddance .. you'll have to spend 100 or so to get a decent valve, but i like that guys idea up there ^ to work it out with some silicone oil, i would imagine disassembly would be required and a thorough cleaning to get best results, i wouldnt try to dig out any nylon seals etc though, just take it apart and give it a basic clean and lube it ..

Reactions: MEC17670