• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Value of Vintage early 80's Beeman R1 .177 air rifle

I have an early 80's Beeman R1 .177 cal in excellent shape and has the beech stock. The gun is from Beeman's in San Raphael, CA. After a couple of years of owning this gun I had Jim Maccari supertune/ultra glide this rifle with a full tune and stronger springs for 10.5 grain CP. It shoots great and is very accurate but I just haven't been shooting it much as I am into PCP guns for the last 10+ years. Does anyone know what this gun might be worth as I would like to sell it. I can provide additional info if that would help.

Any help is appreciated

Jim F

Just my 2 cents...

300-800?

300 usually gets you a good shooting but not perfect gun. Pressure marks on the stock and light freckling to mild pitting on the outside only.

400 for a very good shooting gun in very good/excellent cosmetic condition. (sounds like what you are describing here)

800 for one with the original box, ALL paperwork, in as new condition. Another on this forum just purchased one with original box in as new condition for around 700 and it sounds like he did well.

If it is a Laser model with laminate stock and laser medallion it could even be more, they are among the most collectable springers today.

Does it have open sights, or a date correct Beeman blue ribbon scope? All of these things will make a huge difference. Pictures would be helpful as well.

I'm a big R1 fan but the prices seem to be on lower side these days from what I have seen and I do a lot of looking around. Standard R1's especially in .177 have a hard time bringing $400, tuned, Tyrolean, Field Target, Laser versions, etc are exceptions.

1575144503_16017939895de2cc37d69e56.52650943_150 Beeman R1 collection- left side .177, LS .22,...JPG

1575144532_5175361545de2cc5472b057.91542143_66 Beeman R1 20 year Commemorative.JPG

I have an early 80's Beeman R1 .177 cal in excellent shape and has the beech stock. The gun is from Beeman's in San Raphael, CA. After a couple of years of owning this gun I had Jim Maccari supertune/ultra glide this rifle with a full tune and stronger springs for 10.5 grain CP. It shoots great and is very accurate but I just haven't been shooting it much as I am into PCP guns for the last 10+ years. Does anyone know what this gun might be worth as I would like to sell it. I can provide additional info if that would help.

Any help is appreciated

Jim F

If tuned by Maccari himself, you could name your price. Hard to say, but I would place it between 450-600. You’re looking for a specific buyer. Mainly a fan of him and his work. My two cents. 

Thanks Goer.... Yes, Jim Maccari tuned this personally along with a Pro-Elite .22 and FWB 124 .177 that I still have. I think I should be able to get at least $500 for it. I haven't tested it recently but due to the heavier spring Jim M put in I think the gun develops close to 16.00 ft lbs ME. I will test it with my chrono and then add some pictures. I still have all the original sights as it has been scoped right after I got it. I agree with you, Jim M did good work on his tunes and his springs are great.

Thanks again for your information.

Jim F

Hi Matheu....

I have been doing some testing on the gun with my chrono. Given the condition of the gun and the Maccari full tune I am thinking about $525.00 for the gun. The R1 is shooting just a tad above 16 ft lbs using a couple types of .177 pellets I still have. I have a Bushnell Trophy 6X18X40 scope on it with BSquare 1 piece adjustable mount with rings. I would be willing to sell the entire package for $675.00. The gun has been taken care of yearly and housed in a safe. I can take some pictures of it if you are interested but I am not very knowledgeable about how to attach pictures to this forum. Buyer would pay shipping costs. I currently use my Pro-Elite .22 for quiet hunting and then a couple of Sumatra's if noise isn't an issue. Thanks for asking

Jim F