UTG Bug Buster Compact CQB for Marauder Pistol?

Hello all:

Thank you for letting me join. New here to the forums and new to air guns but not new to fire arms.

I just purchased and am waiting to get a PROD delivered. Also ordered an AR15 stock and a BSA red dot (for under 15 yards pesting, some plinking).

I am still searching for a scope under $150 for a little longer range (under 50 yards). The UTG Bug Buster Compact CQB seems compact and has good reviews for its price point.

So my questions are:

1. Would you recommend it in carbine form for the PROD?

2. The PROD has dovetails. Do I need to purchase different rings? If so, what size, so it will clear the magazine?

2. Any alternatives at that price point?

Thanks, Ramon

i just put a utg 3-12/30mm on mine, yeah youll want a ring with a saddle height of about 5/8" to clear rhe mags .. most medium rings are in that range ..

IMG_20220604_183006.1654381881.jpg

Señor Ron, 😊

The Bugbuster is a nice short and light scope. 👍🏼

However, you do have more opions. With brands that do not mix MOA turrets with MIL reticles, for example, like UTG/ Leaper keeps doing....

🔸For example, the scopes from Discovery and Vector are getting praised for the very good glass for the price point at which they are sold. And they usually come with a choice of scope mounts included.

I have a 10" short Discovery VT-3 3-12x44 on my PP700 pistol, and the pigeons hate it at 50y.....! 😄

🔸Because our PCP pistols have very limited power and our projectiles have such poor ballistics, we have a very short point blank range — and need to adjust the trajectory very often — either with holdovers or with dialing the turret.

I have dialed the scope I mentioned above for three years now, every shot, and just last week I had a DRT at 75y. Dialed 5.6mil. Flawless repeatability....

🔸You are not locked into SFP scopes if you're looking for a short and/or light scope. There are FFP's out there as well. 

I'll attach you a Scope Specs Table for SHORT scopes (and those that are 3-12x and 3-9x), with all the relevant specs for airgunning.

Enjoy your gun! 👍🏼😄

Matthias

❌ Attachment:

Scope Specs Table: SHORT Scopes and 3-12x | 3-9x

download.png
View attachment SCOPE Specs Table. For SHORT Scopes -and- 3-12x 3-9x Scopes.1654483297.pdf

Reactions: jbuchse17
I wanted to thank all of you for your advice. I decided to purchase the UTG bug Buster scope from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075G8RZXV/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This will be my first scope. If it turns out to be lack luster I will either keep it as a back up or purchase something far more precise for my next carbine PCP. Already looking at an FX rifle for longer range stuff, perhaps with an ATN X-Sight. :)
Congrats. Would love to hear your experience with that scope. I was considering the 3-12x but ended up going for the 3-9x Bug Buster model with IR for evening pest control...

Congrats. Would love to hear your experience with that scope. I was considering the 3-12x but ended up going for the 3-9x Bug Buster model with IR for evening pest control...

Well, I eventually returned it. I could not get proper eye relief despite trying multiple rings in high and medium settings. Also, the image seemed cloudy. I replaced it with a Hawke 2X7X32 AO and like it much more. The glass is excellent. I just wish I purchased a version with a IR for my night time ratting.

Well, I eventually returned it. I could not get proper eye relief despite trying multiple rings in high and medium settings. Also, the image seemed cloudy. I replaced it with a Hawke 2X7X32 AO and like it much more. The glass is excellent. I just wish I purchased a version with a IR for my night time ratting.

Hawke scopes don't really get talked about much anymore, but when I first got into airguns in 2010, they were all the rage. I still have a 2-7x32 AO that I love. Hard to find glass as bright as Hawke for the same money.

Reactions: Senor Ramon