• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

UtahAirGuns shipped quick! Still waiting on Pyramid

I placed a fair sized order on April 1 with Utah and with Pyramid. Utah shipped the next day and I received my order on April 6. Awesome!

It's now April 9 and my Pyramid order is still sitting in the warehouse. The web sight says "We are currently picking and packing your order." 

To be fair, I have to say that Pyramid has a warning on their web sight saying that they are running behind. I must also say that they responded to my text message saying they are working on it. But...where's my stuff? Just sayin'.

Well, my order from Pyramyd from the 1st is still pending, and when I called to ask today they said they're 9-10 business days out. To hedge my bets, I placed an order with Utah on the 6th and checked that the pellets were in stock and should go out the next day. I called Utah today and was told my order was waiting fulfillment because the pellets that were in stock when I ordered are out of stock.

After I got off the phone I called Ohio Airguns, bought 5 tins, and they're already at the post office and on the way...

Chuck, sorry to hear that. Glad that you got what you needed from Ohio Air Guns. I have not dealt with them, but will take a look in the future. Thanks.

I placed a second order with Utah on April 7. Just a barrel band for an FX Dreamline. They shipped it on April 8. It arrived yesterday (FedEx), April 10. My April 1 order from Pyramid is due in today, April 11. 

All this makes me wonder if some of our dealers have people out due to the virus scare. Maybe I need to cut them some slack. 

Yeah they're definitely running with reduced staff, one reason being the number of people you can have in one area/proximity due to COVID. This impacts your warehouse and shipping operations of course. And almost all retailers have had the "shipping delay" banners up, so it's not unexpected, I think it's the amount of delay that's unexpected. Hitting the smaller places up may cost a little more but they don't see the nationwide demand the large outfits do so they can respond much faster.

I agree with cutting them slack, especially given the inherent risk associated with even being out and about these days; my hat's off to these folks in fact. Pyramyd has always had great customer service and continues to, it's just the extraordinary times we're living in and everyone from businesses to consumers having to adapt. The thing with Utah has left me scratching my head though...

Pyramid has had a banner on their front page for a few weeks now stating that orders are delayed due to corona virus.

Yeah we got that and it’s been called out, I think a 7 business day delay surprises folks; I know it surprised me. As much as I hate to say this they might want to update that banner to reflect the extent of the delay. A couple of the sites I order ammo from have those banners on their home pages around holidays, shot show, and high demand/panic buying periods.

In other news my order shipped today. Again hats off to the folks making it happen. 

Pyramid has had a banner on their front page for a few weeks now stating that orders are delayed due to corona virus.

Yeah we got that and it’s been called out, I think a 7 business day delay surprises folks; I know it surprised me. As much as I hate to say this they might want to update that banner to reflect the extent of the delay. A couple of the sites I order ammo from have those banners on their home pages around holidays, shot show, and high demand/panic buying periods.

In other news my order shipped today. Again hats off to the folks making it happen.

Chuck, I'm in agreement. When I think of a delay I think of a day or two. The length of the Pyramid delay is what got to me. I think posting the length of the anticipated delay is a great idea. What's the Holiday Inn slogan? "The best surprise is no surprise." That way the customer knows exactly what to expect. I also deal with some businesses that post how long to expect before shipping. And I think that's one thing that people like about Amazon. They tell you when your order will arrive before you order it.

Again, I'll now cut Pyramid some slack. 

Nothing but top notch service always from Pyramid Air. If it's not in stock I don't order. That said I never had more than a 3 day wait. These are crazy times people getting fined for walking across a vacant beach, a kayaker told to return to shore as he solo paddled on a deserted piece of water? The rules seem to vary state to state, and by the number of employees. Be patient the wheels are falling off this PLANNED demic.