• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Utah Airguns

Nice people! Competent people. Marginal management! Poor shipping! Called and ordered about $2K worth of product on Monday morning. Paid for in full...then. Sent a message via their contact link and got no reply why I hadn't heard anything about my rifle being shipped. Today I received a notice from UA that my order was to be picked up today by FedEx and currently there is no tracking information. I have no idea when to expect the package.

I called UA and asked why it took 4+ days to ship a package. I was only told it takes several days. For what?? That particular and every rifle sold by the company form whom i bought it from is said to be personally inspected by the founder of the company before it is shipped to a retailer.

Being told 'we ship about 40 rifles a day' is not really a reasonable explanation offered for the delay. I would think UA needs to hire more people or better organize the shipping procedure for you to get an order in a timely manner. Please note my unexplained delay before you order. 

Anything shipped from overseas should be checked again. I don’t care about them test shooting, but I want it checked overnight if it holds air. They provide a level of service people like myself appreciate. Even a Hatsan I bought from them went through the steps. I believe Amazon has us spoiled into instant service. Utah Airguns doesn’t want to send a dud, so they take every step they can not to. 
My most recent order was with Charlie at Georgia airguns. He provided a very personal service for a kalibrgun he had on property. It won’t ship until he has it right, at minimum 2 weeks. He prides himself just like Utah, and I know it may take time but I will be pleased with what I get. From my vetting process for ordering I knew Utah and Georgia airgun would be slower, but I’d get a better service. If you order again just ask to have it shipped without being checked. 

I did business with these guys recently... Most of the interactions were e mail...they answered my questions, and there were many over the 6 plus months I studied my options. They are folks of few words. I feel like they gave me sound advice...I think...LOL 

I kinda got the feeling they know they have a market in hand. I also got the sense they were confident in thier advice/opinions. Pretty much give you the answer without a lotta IDK how to phrase this "extra information". Sometimes I had to ask a question 2 x with the e mails which was annoying to me. They sighted in my gun and it's accurate and as advertised with no problems as best I can tell as I have been working too much to really shoot it much which is why I went ahead at paid them to sight it in. Prolly really does not matter as people seem to be in line to get these guns...Still waiting on mag and pellets ordered a while back now. We are all having to wait for these things is seems.

Mod Edit: loaner and/or YouTube reviewer guns are not resold ad new. Please do not speculate. 

Customer service: I just received a call from Utah Air Gun saying my M3 was ready. I too spent roughly $3,000, between the gun and accessories. Alex was awesome to deal with, he answered all the questions I had, made some recommendations, etc. No complains on that end, he was great!!

Even when I purchased the Impact, I originally ordered the Maverick, I called and changed my order a week later and it was done very willingly and without a problem. They always sent confirmation emails (which are likely done automatically, but still appreciated) 

Shipping: I was told it would be shipped from the store within 5-7 then it would take another 5 days to get here. Ouch. That was unexpected. Maybe I am used to Amazon and I am a New Yorker so waiting isn't really my thing lol especially after waiting 16 weeks for the arrival. But it is what it is, honestly I am happy to be getting it soon. I DO think businesses need to meet the higher demand when it arises and if they are that backed up it's time to hire another person.

Contacting them: You will get their answering machine more often than someone will pick up. Little annoying, I would like to see a business of that size hire someone to answer the phone. 

I have heard some horror stories about other shops, so the very small annoyances here are are NOT really that big of a deal.

I still give them 3.5 out of 4 - I will absolutely use them again.

No offense but FX is not testing there guns. They may say that and maybe they test like 1 out of every 1000 but I’ve bought a new FX that had bad O-rings right out the box! I’ve heard of other guys having leakage issues, regulator issues, and gage issues right out of the box. As a few dealers and a good one will tell you that FX’s need to be inspected before shipping to a customer. 

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I have used Utah Airguns for three years now and have never experienced any of the negative service that is being said here. As for the testing of guns before shipment, when was the last time you purchased a “brand new” car with 0 miles on it? I have never had my calls answered by a machine if I call during regular business hours. AOA is always answered by a machine no matter what time it is. I am sorry if some have had an unfavorable experience but mine personally, has always been a positive one.

I'm sorry to hear about your gripe with them. That sucks to hear. Sounds like something I went through with another vendor earlier this year. I've been buying guns and stuff from them since about 2019. Had a delivered gun go through a case once, changed an order a couple of times and had questions many other times. They always gave me their time and made it right. I always try to put myself in their shoes. They're my favorite store and I trust them having my back. I've spoken to Thadeous, Alex and Jayden? over the years on the phone and they all seemed to have good personalities and were very helpful.

Reactions: MEC17670
You better hope they check it for leaks, tweak it for accuracy, make sure its INEW condition.

A little patience now will pay off later. Especially if you bought an Impact.

Nailed it, ordered a Taipan on saturday it shipped yesterday, I am glad it went through the function checks before making its way to me

Nailed it, ordered a Taipan on saturday it shipped yesterday, I am glad it went through the function checks before making its way to me
Excellent choice. Which model and caliber did you get? I just sold this really nice Long. I have a Standard yet in 25 though. The standard has over 8k rounds through it since I bought it in 2019. Zero issues whatsoever, although the magazine o rings could use replacing now. I use it for woodchucks. Keep it inside 75 yards and on the dome with 34gr mk2s; works great for them. My new 'chuck and squirrel gun is coming tomorrow though as well😁

FB_IMG_1655780902403.jpg

• Love
Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
Excellent choice. Which model and caliber did you get? I just sold this really nice Long. I have a Standard yet in 25 though. The standard has over 8k rounds through it since I bought it in 2019. Zero issues whatsoever, although the magazine o rings could use replacing now. I use it for woodchucks. Keep it inside 75 yards and on the dome with 34gr mk2s; works great for them. My new 'chuck and squirrel gun is coming tomorrow though as well😁

View attachment 270569

I actually sold my Long here on the nation to buy a Shorty .22, was shooting the 33.95 out my long as well, great great rifle but after using it for my pesting outtings a few times I realized I need something shorter, and lower magnification scope! Gorgeous gun, mine was a green laminate lol

Reactions: Trgt_acqd