Utah Airguns video bothered me, alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buddies messing around is different. This was posted for all of YouTube to see as one of the largest airgun companies, and hosts of one of the biggest competitions there is. Doesn't paint a pretty picture with the cussing and being frantic over a fox. A fox causes no harm on a dairy farm unless you would have some chickens. Livelihood of a dairy unaffected by a fox. But how they acted it's like he missed an opportunity to save the world lol. But I do see they are a nuisance animal in Utah and require no license or limit year round. But how they went about trying to shoot it on the run and such wasn't good IMO.

Last edited:
For me... The fox was too close for me to shoot and taking it from a vehicle...not good. The banter seemed to be in a joking manner.
There was no "banter", and certainly no jokes. Banter is an exchange with each party giving back as much as they take. Maybe you can tell me what insults the passenger fired back at Justin. Exactly what did he say to defend himself and where is the part where they laughed it off. I neither saw or heard anything that created banter. Just a one way dressing down. Watch it again and tell me, if you were in the passenger seat, that you would have been happy. So why didn't the passenger stick up for himself? That is an important question.

Probably so he would get invited again, or be allowed into the UAG pro team to shoot at RMAC, PAC, and NAC. A form of “paying your dues”, I guess.

Or he may have been a new employee on his first trip out with “the boys”, and thought that type of camaraderie was the norm

For all we know the shotgun passenger may be reading all of this and wonders why everyone’s in an uproar as he’s ok with getting ragged on, cause he’s probably gotten it all of his life and learned to make light of it all

Last edited:
The language did not bother me, but I grew up in the Chicago ghetto in the 1960's and '70's. They had to re-write the American Slang Dictionary several times because of me-I added words. Shooting from a vehicle is largely illegal, but not on private property, so no issue there. I think it was just the frustration of being unprepared and missing a shot of opportunity. I am glad they did not edit it out. That's how things sometime go in the real world. I prefer reality over sanitized, edited fairy tales.

Last edited:
Just a final thought then I’m out. I would be willing to bet that all of us have come across more harsh than we intended a time or two in our life. Probably taken a shot maybe we shouldn’t have. I just feel this thread falls into my first statement. Isn’t it coming across just a bit harsh to put up a disparaging thread in regards to a business on this forum over this video ? I don’t know maybe I’m crazy but I certainly am not going to judge someone’s business practices or ability to run said business over such a video. Maybe that isn’t necessarily the intent of this thread but I think that is what it leads to in the end. Hence my first statement. Maybe this whole thread has been a little more harsh than intended just like Justin possibly was. I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with Utah Airguns both with purchases and a few phone calls I have had. I will certainly hold nothing in that video against them and all this negative banter about them in a public forum is a bit much in my opinion. To each their own though.

Reactions: 850renxrs
These guys come across as goofy, reckless and amateurish. Utah Airguns should have absolutely NO affiliation with them. I’ve known since I was 7 years old that you hold your shot unless you have it. That second shot was a millimeter away from tagging that fox in the thigh and wounding it for no reason other than a carful of clowns showing off for the camera. I don’t know who these bozos are but if I was the owner of that farm and saw this video I would pull their permission on the spot.
I'm fairly sure the guy driving is the owner of UA.

Just a final thought then I’m out. I would be willing to bet that all of us have come across more harsh than we intended a time or two in our life. Probably taken a shot maybe we shouldn’t have. I just feel this thread falls into my first statement. Isn’t it coming across just a bit harsh to put up a disparaging thread in regards to a business on this forum over this video ? I don’t know maybe I’m crazy but I certainly am not going to judge someone’s business practices or ability to run said business over such a video. Maybe that isn’t necessarily the intent of this thread but I think that is what it leads to in the end. Hence my first statement. Maybe this whole thread has been a little more harsh than intended just like Justin possibly was. I have had nothing but great experiences dealing with Utah Airguns both with purchases and a few phone calls I have had. I will certainly hold nothing in that video against them and all this negative banter about them in a public forum is a bit much in my opinion. To each their own though.
I've had a few issues in the past with UA which ended up taking a post on here to get taken care of after dealing with a guy on the phone there which got me nowhere. The other owner personally called me and gave me his cell and took care of everything for me. I have no issue with UA personally and would still do business there. I just don't see why that part needed to be in the video. It just is poor taste. They didn't get the fox so why leave that whole interaction in the video? All I'm saying as a popular brand in our airgunning world, seems like a poor choice to have that shown for the world to see. To each his own but I feel airgunning is a popular thing for kids and I'm sure alot of kids watch those videos and giving them ideas that they can also do that just not wise to me.

I saw an Outdoor Channel show this week where a transplanted South African was using his dogs to hunt quail on a North Carolina island. The dogs wore goggles because both had lost eyes due to errant shots. There were many "hunters" taking shots directly above the hunting dogs heads.....maybe 3 to 4 feet above, in this series. The "hunters" were high-fiving and congratulating each other all through the show. Anyone who knows anything about shotguns would never take such a shot.

I think the people who made the video about the fox watch stupid crap (like I described) and try to emulate it. Reality tv is the dumbing down of society. It is not about reality. It is about sensationalism and clicks.

This post is just like those Sh!!ty H.R. videos you watch about being 3rd or in this case 20k party offended about how someone talks to another and you're offended. Ok we get it you didn't like how someone talked to someone else. 🙄 much like how people need to push their opinion on others. Don't push your opinion on others in person or their might "be a dust up". Easy to push it on the keyboard, no repercussions. Try that in a small town comes to mind?
Carry on ..as I'm sure some will 🤷

This post is just like those Sh!!ty H.R. videos you watch about being 3rd or in this case 20k party offended about how someone talks to another and you're offended. Ok we get it you didn't like how someone talked to someone else. 🙄 much like how people need to push their opinion on others. Don't push your opinion on others in person or their might "be a dust up". Easy to push it on the keyboard, no repercussions. Try that in a small town comes to mind?
Carry on ..as I'm sure some will 🤷
Super coherent reply, bro 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.