Utah Airguns shooting the DRS

The way he say it, sound a little like the DRS Classic come in other lengths than 500 mm.

but i dont think so, just like i think the DRS PRO will not come in a regular format of some sorts, but without that expensive chassis i can not use for anything, and i am not paying 1200 dollars+ for the good looks.
Make the PRO look like a panthera front and have a folding stock, and not least cost like one of those, and we might have a deal in a few months when my piggy bank is ready to give birth.

Reactions: balver
Their web shows .177, .22 and .25 available in 500mm, 600mm and 700mm barrel lengths.

Screenshot 2024-02-08 at 6.41.59 PM.png

Reactions: N2 Shooter
With the lack of a typical, full length shroud, (by design) it seems EXTREMELY quiet.
Although its difficult to see in this video, there is a additional moderator installed.
It will be interesting to hear it again, without the moderator.
For audio that was recorded indoors, it seems extraordinarily quiet.

Also, at the very end of video, Sawyer mentions in the future, showing more of the DRS Pro, and the DRS "LIGHT" ......
I wonder what the "LIGHT" version is all about ???

Last edited:
Reactions: qball
I always forget, when i talk it is mostly in relation to the .177 i am tied down to.

There seem to be conflicting INFO on the DRS Classic in that regard, just 500 mm or 500 and 600 mm

600 mm i could make do with, but then i would need a slug liner, and i assume in these a new barrel is not as cheap as the straw barrels are.
Probably a larger plenum too, even if in general i can make do with shooting the 13 gr slugs then it would be nice to be able to shoot heavier ones too.

Actually ability to shoot heavier than 13gr slugs is the main criteria in my search for a new rifle.

I always forget, when i talk it is mostly in relation to the .177 i am tied down to.

There seem to be conflicting INFO on the DRS Classic in that regard, just 500 mm or 500 and 600 mm

600 mm i could make do with, but then i would need a slug liner, and i assume in these a new barrel is not as cheap as the straw barrels are.
Probably a larger plenum too, even if in general i can make do with shooting the 13 gr slugs then it would be nice to be able to shoot heavier ones too.

Actually ability to shoot heavier than 13gr slugs is the main criteria in my search for a new rifle.

Just like the Panthera it should be using the standard STX barrel system which means you only need to change out the liner inside of the barrel like all the other FX guns. Haven't tried the 177 slug liner yet but my standard 177 liner shots 177 slugs pretty well.

Reactions: Peashooter
Okay.
I thought maybe they changed something for these " pressurized " barrels, but if you can just pull the straw and exchange it like "old " that be good.

I did only see marginal improvement going from the regular barrel to the Heavy barrel, in regard to the 13 gr i mostly shoot, and the heavy barrel did not allow me to shoot heavier slugs, or at least also here only marginally better, not anything i will bet on / dial for either 16 or 20 grain.
and in 16 and 20 grain i have gone thru 4 boxes of each trying to get them to fly right, but no chance unless i have not gone really slow with them, like under 850 FPS.
I have tried really fast with both, way past 1000 FPS, up there i do like the smacking force of the 20 grainers, damn near 50 food pounds, but the slugs are spiralling all over the place.
Viking airgunner seem to have some luck with the 16 grain Zans, but i am not able to replicate his results.

It do feel a little as if the heavy barrel shoot pellets a bit better than the regular barrel, but it is a unsupported feeling i have.
But having shot 13 gr slugs to 86 M with heavy barrel, i can dial hammer / speed a little back put in some MRD pellets and have good fun at shorter distances.

IN .177 standard or heavy barrel the twist rate is exactly the same,,,,,, which freak me out a little CUZ all other calibers have faster twist for heavy barrel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vana2 and qball
Okay.
I thought maybe they changed something for these " pressurized " barrels, but if you can just pull the straw and exchange it like "old " that be good.

I did only see marginal improvement going from the regular barrel to the Heavy barrel, in regard to the 13 gr i mostly shoot, and the heavy barrel did not allow me to shoot heavier slugs, or at least also here only marginally better, not anything i will bet on / dial for either 16 or 20 grain.
and in 16 and 20 grain i have gone thru 4 boxes of each trying to get them to fly right, but no chance unless i have not gone really slow with them, like under 850 FPS.
I have tried really fast with both, way past 1000 FPS, up there i do like the smacking force of the 20 grainers, damn near 50 food pounds, but the slugs are spiralling all over the place.
Viking airgunner seem to have some luck with the 16 grain Zans, but i am not able to replicate his results.

It do feel a little as if the heavy barrel shoot pellets a bit better than the regular barrel, but it is a unsupported feeling i have.
But having shot 13 gr slugs to 86 M with heavy barrel, i can dial hammer / speed a little back put in some MRD pellets and have good fun at shorter distances.

IN .177 standard or heavy barrel the twist rate is exactly the same,,,,,, which freak me out a little CUZ all other calibers have faster twist for heavy barrel.

Unfortunately FX heavy barrel has the same 1:18 twist rate which is way too slow for 20 grain 177 slugs. I would not waste your time unless they make a 1:12 slug barrel in 177.

Yeah. dunno why they haven't already, having 2 pretty much same barrels with different names, is sort of taking a leak on the poor .177 shooters.
My bet is they are not able to do it with their machine.

The TR on the epic two i am eying also just 1:17, so also not really something i have high hopes for being able to shoot heavy slugs.
That rifle too confuse me with a CZ and a LW barrel, but same twist rates just different rifling profiles, seem silly thing to do and not least as a startup.
I would just have offered CZ for pellets and something other for the slug shooters out there.

Man it suck having money to burn but nothing to burn them on, perhaps i should skip airgun this year and just upgrade my computer, this old threadripper COMP while plenty strong, it is just a computer equivalent to a big fat V8 car, and both gasoline and kilowatt-hours are mighty expensive in Denmark.
The damn thing idle on windows desktop at 180 Watts.

On the + side the Classic are damn fine looking rifle, maybe i can sell my old Cyclone or maybe the Vulcan 3, at this stage it seem silly to just add more and more rifles, CUZ i got no one that could take a big collection of rifles after my death, so would be silly to just accumulate expensive future scrap iron.

Last edited:
Okay.

Interesting to read about .177 slugs. I'm researching them these days.

There are no caliber/power restrictions here in Canada so .22 is my caliber of choice. I never considered the .177 as a PCP caliber until I posted that thought on AGN and had my (incorrect) perspective corrected... think you helped with that 😁

Next summer I'll be testing several .177 PCPs and slugs. Looking forward to that but my wallet doesn't know if it should thank you or not. 😉

Cheers!

They do fine in the lighter weights, i generally shoot 86 M and do not have much problem shooting 1" groups with 13 gr slugs
100 M for sure will be fine with a .177 slug shooter, unless you demand pinpoint accuracy, but if you are good hitting within 1 - 1.5 CM of where you aim you can have good wholesome shooting.

They do fine in the lighter weights, i generally shoot 86 M and do not have much problem shooting 1" groups with 13 gr slugs
100 M for sure will be fine with a .177 slug shooter, unless you demand pinpoint accuracy, but if you are good hitting within 1 - 1.5 CM of where you aim you can have good wholesome shooting.
Coming from a plinking, pesting and small game hunting background I use a 1 inch (2.5 cm) circle as my reference... it's the appropriate size of a squirrel's head.

A hit anywhere inside 1 inch circle is good, outside the circle is a miss... it's a binary thing, all or nothing - close doesn't count (unless you are using high explosive ammunition 😉).

When bench shooting paper I'm looking for pinpoint accuracy... the rest of the time (most of the time) I prefer to relax and have fun smacking spinners.

Thanks for your comments!

Cheers!