• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Utah Airguns Never again

It's comical to read the responses. A guy orders a wrong item, then gripes about being hit with a restocking charge, and many seem to agree with him. How about this...actions have consequences....and man up and pay the 15.00. Then you have a gripe about a profile pic...because someone doesn't like it or is offended...feelings are a operation of the mind and have no basis in facts....get over them...thoughts or opinions different than yours don't make them bad or wrong...just different from yours...that didn't used to be a bad thing....but seem to be now.

It's comical to read the responses. A guy orders a wrong item, then gripes about being hit with a restocking charge, and many seem to agree with him. How about this...actions have consequences....and man up and pay the 15.00. Then you have a gripe about a profile pic...because someone doesn't like it or is offended...feelings are a operation of the mind and have no basis in facts....get over them...thoughts or opinions different than yours don't make them bad or wrong...just different from yours...that didn't used to be a bad thing....but seem to be now.

Read the "profile pic" comments again... Zero issue with the profile picture. The issue was with someone talking about "breaking the rules" while clearly breaking the rules himself. I took offense at the hypocrisy of the situation and nothing more.

Read the "profile pic" comments again... Zero issue with the profile picture. The issue was with someone talking about "breaking the rules" while clearly breaking the rules himself. I took offense at the hypocrisy of the situation and nothing more.

You proved my point. I saw nothing political or rule breaking about his avatar, it's just a picture, .yet you did. You drew your opinion based on your feelings of him breaking a political rule, on his avatar, which has nothing to do with fact and seem to think your opinion was the correct one and pointed his hypocrisy out and THATS my point. It's not a insult to you, it's just a observation on my part that seems to be prevalent more and more. Have a quality evening.

I have been to Utah Airguns twice now. The employees that float around in there are the same ones that answer the phones, at least a few years back. I have called a few dozen times also and I have even had Justin Jacobson answer the phone. They work hard to accommodate the customer, even when I am asking them dumb and trivial questions or buying something small. I hate paying restocking fees especially when I screw up on the ordering, but sometimes education can be expensive or painful.

I don't think that Utah airguns took advantage of you. Online store policies on shipping and returns are clearly mentioned, and I don't know of an online retailer that doesn't have a policy or disclaimer on shipping and return issues. It's on us as the consumer/buyer to make sure that we order exactly what we want, if we don't know or are confused on the purchase or their policy, then reach out to customer service and find out. We all at one time or another make the mistake on ordering or forgot to cancel a subscription/free 30 day trail. It's our job as consumer's to buy the exact product we want, at the price we are willing to pay, from a retailer that we choose to deal with. That would mean that you are good with and have reviewed the policies of that company and are willing to go ahead with the sale. I understand that there is alot of reading that has to be done on our part and I don't always read the policies and disclaimers BUT I have learned that it pays to do the reading . By doing so you might find an issue/policy that is not acceptable, like this one I found while shopping for a scope, I was about to click the buy button, and decided to read the return/shipping policy, here is what I read "damage returns are subject to restocking fees!" I read that and moved on to another seller, a WTF moment for sure. No one likes to be taken advantage, not you or the retailer. I would also mention that the restocking fee policy of 25%from Utah airgun was discounted to you, they could have charged you the full 25% and would have been justified in doing so as there policy clearly states. Information is knowledge, the more informed you are the better the results and the outcome. I am not bashing you for being upset, I get it! more to the point of helping you to accept responsibility as a consumer and to make better retail decisions in the future.

TODD 

In Europe you have 14 days to return any goods which you bought remotely. You don't need to provide any justification. I don't understand restocking fee at all. It does not sound right to me.

Here's the problem that has created restocking fees in the US - just so you understand the background. People are frivolous and will by more than they need and then return what they don't want. Or they will buy 3 of something and keep he best on and return the other two. All of this costs the dealer money because, depending on the item and condition, it cannot be resold for new again. It will have to be sold as an open box item. This will cost the dealers money each time and when it becomes the defacto standard it really hurts the dealer. So they make up for it with a restocking fee to cover their loses. 

It's not bad business, it's a policy to prevent those who take advantage of returns. Remember - it only takes a few to ruin it for all of us. IMO mostly selfish people who caused it to happen. 

Just ad edit to note - Think about how you would feel if you bought a brand new gun and received to find it had been shot and returned. I'd be pretty angry because at that point I bought a used gun for new prices.

It is a shame that there are not more airgun stores around the US as buying sight unseen for a $2K item is tough.

Reactions: FarmPlinker
Having been through Utah Airgun's return process with a FX Maverick that didn't fit I think they were very fair. I got to know the manager and having been in business for the majority of my life we discussed the airgun business. I don't believe some of the readers may be aware of how dilligent online airgun dealers have to be to avoid fraud from scammers. Since then I have had the same conversation with multiple airgun dealers. They all have their horror stories. 

I feel good that I am a member in this forum where the vast majority know right from wrong and stand up for it. I have bought 3 FX rifles plus other items from them and my wife bought a Christmas gift for me from them. Had a mistake on one deal and it was corrected so fast I had to stop and realize that they had corrected it in a few days. Daddy always said Buy reputable goods from a reputable dealer and things will turn out right. Oh he always said I should be fair with the dealer.

I have no problems with the folks at Utah Airguns. Very good staff.

I had a magazine come apart on me that belonged to to my new FX Crown mk2 while shooting. My bad, had turn it the wrong way. I had ordered 1 extra magazine for both the .22 and .25 caliber barrel kit . Immediately, I got on the horn and ordered 1 more of each. During the conversation, I was told that I could fix it , that would have saved me the cost for 2 more mags. 

The honesty of the sales staff was and is appreciated.

I still will have 3 magazines in both calibers.

Good folks, imo.