• Much like Google Reviews - members are allowed to create (1) unique thread for each vendor/manufacturer. You may "edit" your thread at any time to reflect any changes.

Utah Airguns let me down

I ordered a used Edgun Matador in 22. It looks it was the model they exhibited in one of their videos. It came without the electric manometer and instead with an FX manometer.

When I got the gun on a Friday, I filled it up and zeroed. Then I set it down and got some work from home things done. Later that day I noticed it had lost over 50 bar. That did not account for my zero action which was 6 shots.

I called up Utah Airguns and described the problem. I think the manager seemed really intent on helping. I already had the air tube detached and was trying to find the leak. I waited the weekend an until Monday afternoon. I doubt they work on the weekend. So I got no response by 4pm on Monday (same time zone as the shop here). 

It became apparent that getting the gun out of the shop and off their inventory was their priority. Prior to my purchase I had bought an ATN X-sight , and 2 other scopes from Utah Airguns within the last 3 months. I think if they sold a gun to a local that didn't work the experience would be different. They'd be face to face with a gun that wasn't really working properly.

Given that they sold me a gun that didn't work properly, I equated this to buying a car with a leaking gas tank (forgetting about the dangers of fuel and fire). It's a lemon. It's also hard for me to believe that this wasn't easily discoverable in the shop. There was apparently some sort of glue placed on the threads of the FX manometer (apparently to prevent leaking). I cleaned that off and reapplied silicone lube to the o-ring where it meets the manometer and it still leaked. So I examined the schematics for the gun and was confused what to do next. I took a chance and applied a new o-ring (that I had available) to where the base of the manometer meets the fill area. This solved the problem. By the way, the FX manometer is not accurate. So I went to EDgun west and ordered a Wika.

Utah Airguns replied to me after my scathing response to their non-response with the expected - we don't answer emails on the weekend. Well it wasn't the weekend when I told them I would not be buying guns (or anything else) from them again, it was Monday afternoon about 4.30pm. In other words I gave them all day Monday to be stand up. Again, if i was in their shop face to face they would have no choice but to help but since I was probably easier to delay since the money was in their bank account.

When you are selling guns that cost over 1500 bucks and they are a lemon, you should be on the problem like stink on crap. I was very cordial in my emails and phone calls until I realized they were probably working on pushing out more guns rather than dealing with guns they just got off their inventory.

Sorry, Utah Airguns, you might have a lot of YouTube fanfare going on but you are not up to par for me. I am not looking for amazing YouTube videos. I was looking for people that stand behind the products they sell. I didn't find it. Rather I found empty responses about recovering a relationship that was broken by poor support.

I'll be sticking to Airguns of Arizona instead. They rock.