• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.
1st off HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.. Up until about 2 weeks ago my USPS delivery times have been very good usually early in fact.. now they are 2-3 or more days late and running all over the country.. Im in Indiana ordered a airgun part from Florida picked up by USPS and took 3 days to get out of Florida where it went to Ohio and delivery was updated to tomorrow.. I just checked tracking its now back in Florida and delivery moved back to Saturday.. no freaking wonder they are supposedly broke or cant make money. OK rant over, I thought Fed Ex was bad but USPS is trying their best to out do them :)

1st off HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE.. Up until about 2 weeks ago my USPS delivery times have been very good usually early in fact.. now they are 2-3 or more days late and running all over the country.. Im in Indiana ordered a airgun part from Florida picked up by USPS and took 3 days to get out of Florida where it went to Ohio and delivery was updated to tomorrow.. I just checked tracking its now back in Florida and delivery moved back to Saturday.. no freaking wonder they are supposedly broke or cant make money. OK rant over, I thought Fed Ex was bad but USPS is trying their best to out do them :)
They are always slow this time of year especially now, most people these days shop almost exclusively online. The closer it gets to Christmas the worse it's going to get.

Reactions: BluegrassBill2020
They are always slow this time of year especially now, most people these days shop almost exclusively online. The closer it gets to Christmas the worse it's going to get.
I can understand a little slower but shipping package back to the state it came from is a result of employees not caring and laziness.

Now my turn to rant in support of USPS. I'll take USPS over UPS or Fed Ex any day. I request it of vendors when I shipping to my CA home. Faster, far more trackable, and I know when my mailman will be at my mailbox within 45 minutes, everyday. UPS makes you wait around until the package arrives and their tracking sucks and I have mychoice. Fed ex is a 4 hour window, if then. Important when shipping Airguns because of signature required. Porch pirates are a big problem around me. Cameras caught thieves going through my mailbox at 1 AM last week fortunately nothing to steal. Sign up for this USPS service, it's awesome. You'll know 1st thing every morning by email what mail and packages are coming to your home that day. If your missing something take appropriate action. https://www.usps.com/manage/informed-delivery.htm For example; the same person shipped me a gun and a scope separately, 1 hour or so apart, across country on Tuesday. The scope USPS and the gun UPS. Sure the gun is bulkier, but 5 days bulkier? I don't think so.

1700772119855.png
1700772055488.png

Last edited:
Now my turn to rant in support of USPS. I'll take USPS over UPS or Fed Ex any day. I request it of vendors when I shipping to my CA home. Faster, far more trackable, and I know when my mailman will be at my mailbox within 45 minutes, everyday. UPS makes you wait around until the package arrives and their tracking sucks and I have mychoice. Fed ex is a 4 hour window, if then. Important when shipping Airguns because of signature required. Porch pirates are a big problem around me. Cameras caught thieves going through my mailbox at 1 AM last week fortunately nothing to steal. Sign up for this USPS service, it's awesome. You'll know 1st thing every morning by email what mail and packages are coming to your home that day. If your missing something take appropriate action. https://www.usps.com/manage/informed-delivery.htm For example; the same person shipped me a gun and a scope separately, 1 hour or so apart, across country on Tuesday. The scope USPS and the gun UPS. Sure the gun is bulkier, but 5 days bulkier? I don't think so.

View attachment 409000View attachment 408999
I love USPS usually but here lately they are horrible... Ive shipped thousands of packages thru them so maybe law of averages catching up... Fed Ex just plain sucks, I have no problem with UPS they have been a day late or 2 a few times but for the most part on time and they leave my stuff by the front door instead of out in driveway, by pole barn or out in the street like Fed Ex does.

Reactions: Wauzoo
I probably get the fewest things by Fed Ex but I don't remember any issues. I had problems with 2 guns from Krale getting stuck in Kentucky with UPS as the carrier but I don't really know who was at fault. UPS was hard to get a straight story from due to their extreme automated system (can't hardly get a person) but when I got somebody they were quite helpful and the issue was resolved. I get a lot from USPS and it generally goes well but I think their tracking is terrible, a huge black hole. I don't really care what time of day a package arrives, however. I live on a little dead end road and I've never heard of anything being stolen off a porch. I leave packages there overnight sometimes. What I care about is where the heck is the package. USPS doesn't seem able to say. UPS will tell you where it is (as will Fed Ex). OK, I remember another UPS issue. It was a piece of jewelry I did not want laying on the porch so I asked to pick it up. Took 3 extra days so they could get the darn driver to take it off their truck. That was pretty bad. But no way I would ship jewelry with USPS. I guess it depends some on where you are concerned. Arrival time is not my concern although I get that information from UPS. I want to be able to track the movement of the package to be sure it is moving. That does not seem possible with USPS.

I can understand a little slower but shipping package back to the state it came from is a result of employees not caring and laziness.
Watch what goes on in a sorting room sometime, people are required to memorize zip codes and where they are, packages are comming down a belt faster than your eyes can see, one small slip, sends a pkg to another state before you even realize where it went...can't stop and correct it or a hundred pkgs will back up !! My son worked a sorting facility, for every 100 people that try out, only two make it....walk in there shoes before you call them lazy.....

Reactions: Westypete
I love USPS usually but here lately they are horrible... Ive shipped thousands of packages thru them so maybe law of averages catching up... Fed Ex just plain sucks, I have no problem with UPS they have been a day late or 2 a few times but for the most part on time and they leave my stuff by the front door instead of out in driveway, by pole barn or out in the street like Fed Ex does.
I hear ya with FedEx, I try not to use them as they typically throw the pkgs in the driveway, even if it is raining !! Backed there truck into my garage door and left a license plate imprint in the door. Police did nothing, not even a picture, contacted FedEx and basicly said to sue them otherwise they would do nothing !!

Watch what goes on in a sorting room sometime, people are required to memorize zip codes and where they are, packages are comming down a belt faster than your eyes can see, one small slip, sends a pkg to another state before you even realize where it went...can't stop and correct it or a hundred pkgs will back up !! My son worked a sorting facility, for every 100 people that try out, only two make it....walk in there shoes before you call them lazy.....
I worked for a air freight company back in the mid 80s, we sorted, containerized and loaded 65-80,000 packages in 2.5-3hrs hrs plus got the planes in and out, so I do understand.But my ex brother in law worked for the post office for 13 yrs so I also understand what goes on in the sort facility... Worked in a warehouse for 24 years so understand a fast paced job, we had a 70 percent turn over rate..

I hear ya with FedEx, I try not to use them as they typically throw the pkgs in the driveway, even if it is raining !! Backed there truck into my garage door and left a license plate imprint in the door. Police did nothing, not even a picture, contacted FedEx and basicly said to sue them otherwise they would do nothing !!
they backed into my pole barn door and put a cut in the metal, didnt even bother calling as I knew how far it would get...

A member sent me a Diana 52 stock to me from 126 miles south of Dallas. It took almost a week for it to get to the main USPS hub in Dallas. It then only took 1-2days to reach Phoenix. Then instead of sending it to Ash Fork sent it to Ashford I believe in NC where it sat for another week. Finally it was sent to salt lake and sat for another few days finally being sent back to Phoenix then 2 days to Ash Fork and me. The guy I bought it from was having a nervous breakdown thinking it would be totally thrashed but it was just fine. The box looked like heck but the stock was good. At least UPS will deliver to you. Had a package sent to my wife. Instead of calling and asking if it could be dropped off at the corral market in town they just took it back up to Flagstaff distribution point and were getting ready to send it back to the sender. Luckily the wife found out in time and called to tell them to hold it. 120 mile round trip to get what was suppose to be delivered. FedEx has been the best delivery for us in the last year.

Haha postal / shipping companies.

In little old Denmark it is hard to send a parcel on a round trip, but they can completely loose a parcel somehow, especially if it is a parcel you have dared to make complaints about.

My friend had a 2 X 2 X 6 foot box with a expensive RC boat inside go missing that way, in the end ( which i think was the plan all along ) my friend settled and after several months when it was found, he just asked for the likely damaged boat.

And it was damaged, rudder and propeller assembly damaged and some cracks in the Gel coat.
And had it not been for the really well packaged boat, it would have been much - much worse.

So I have the same thing going on right now. I ordered some slugs and they were supposed to get here last Friday and the way they are bouncing around I will be lucky to get them on Tuesday. I worked for the postal service years ago and part of the problem is they hire a bunch of temps for the distribution centers during the holidays. Christmas casuals they are called and if I remember correctly it is a 90 day job. Anyway they are not experienced and get a lot of stuff wrong. The sad thing is because of the holiday volume the help is needed but bad help can make things even worse as we are now seeing.

I have in the past had some things make some roundabout trips with usps, shipments from overseas get hung up in customs, especially Chicago where clearance times are awful. Would much rather have items come through New York. Fed ex has been ok, no problems. My pet peeve this time of year, and going back several years has been with UPS. I would fofllow tracking, iten shows as out for delivery. I would be sitting about 10-12 feet from my front door where I could hear a delivery truck, and then all of a sudden would get a message that package was undeliverable as no one present to sign for package, and signature was not required. I always got excuses, but bottom line is it was late and and I think the driver just did not want to come out into our neighborhood.